Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
For those that care, I thought I'd share some sad news today. Proof, Eminem's close friend and emcee from the rap group D-12, was shot and killed in Detroit lastnight. Fellow D12 member Bizarre is reportedly "unaccounted for" at this time also. There is mention of a second person being shot and in critical condition.

More details: http://sohh.com/articles/article.php/8717
[/b]
I designed the man's fucking website. This is just fucked. I found out this morning at like 4Am and thought it was just a bad and late April Fools joke.

I even had to break the news to my friend/business associate that was good friends with him this morning. This shits just I dunno. Proof was one of the better people out there. Always nice to fans and everyone.

Proof was "Lil' Tic" in the movie 8Mile. Mekhi Phifer's character - Future - is actually the movie version of Proof.

It is rare for an artist to even shake hands with fans, but Proof was there with them, involving everyone. He setup contests, chatted on the board, had a drinking contest with a British dude to see who can drink a glass of beer the fastest, invited fans over to video shoots, etc. He was just one of the better guys out there.

RIP.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is rare for an artist to even shake hands with fans, but Proof was there with them, involving everyone. He setup contests, chatted on the board, had a drinking contest with a British dude to see who can drink a glass of beer the fastest, invited fans over to video shoots, etc. He was just one of the better guys out there.

RIP.
[/b]
Yeah, I met him a few times... Really was a genuinely nice guy.

1st time I met him was up in Seattle at the Summer Jam concert... We were backstage, I walked up to D12 and said "hey, I'm Chris, part of a street team from Portland. We have been promoting your album (yada yada yada)" He responds with "yeah man, I remember you... You are that dude from lastnight who was trying to fight with me... man, this guy needs his ass kicked"

I kinda just sat there speechless, I was like "uhhh, no no, thats not me, I didn't see you lastnight" He just started crackin up laughing along with the rest of D12 and he just said "man, I'm just fuckin with you, you cool bro" Then he sat and talked to me for a little bit. Was very appreciative of what we had done with the promoting of their album. He will def. be missed.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm not into Proof or D12 at all but damn, thats just fucked up. I didn't even know that there was a Hip-Hop/Rap war still going on on. RIP

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Hope you don't mind me stealing your graphic there Mr. Stephens had to throw it up on my myspace.

One of the weird thing was I've never been a huge fan of D-12 but have always enjoyed them. For some reason this morning, not knowing about the murder, I put on D-12 World getting ready this morn. Hadn't listened to it for at least a year. Will have to go home and dig up Devil's Night.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Yeah, I met him a few times... Really was a genuinely nice guy.

1st time I met him was up in Seattle at the Summer Jam concert... We were backstage, I walked up to D12 and said "hey, I'm Chris, part of a street team from Portland. We have been promoting your album (yada yada yada)" He responds with "yeah man, I remember you... You are that dude from lastnight who was trying to fight with me... man, this guy needs his ass kicked"

I kinda just sat there speechless, I was like "uhhh, no no, thats not me, I didn't see you lastnight" He just started crackin up laughing along with the rest of D12 and he just said "man, I'm just fuckin with you, you cool bro" Then he sat and talked to me for a little bit. Was very appreciative of what we had done with the promoting of their album. He will def. be missed.
[/b]

Damn. I didn't know that. You ever post on D12World aka Rapbasement?

·
Registered
13 Posts
it only sucks if you like hip hop, i dont so it could be a joyful day for me that another stupid "hip hop"/ "rapper" is gone. the sad part is that another person of that sort is going to take his place.

i hate rap and most hip hop, and i especially hate it when you idiots play that crap loudly at a stop light, like your going to win a contest or something. turn that shit down. 90% at the light dont even want to hear it.

i hope your cars all vibrate apart from the stupid subs you put in the trunk.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
it only sucks if you like hip hop, i dont so it could be a joyful day for me that another stupid "hip hop"/ "rapper" is gone. the sad part is that another person of that sort is going to take his place.

i hate rap and most hip hop, and i especially hate it when you idiots play that crap loudly at a stop light, like your going to win a contest or something. turn that shit down. 90% at the light dont even want to hear it.

[/b]
You're one ignorant fuck. I really mean that. You have no idea who Proof was, nor do you know what kind of person he is. He was truly a genuinely good person, so whatever bullshit stereotype you have cooked up, it does not apply here.

Just leave out of the thread. Could a mod please delete these two posts to avoid any further conflict, because it is truly not needed?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
QUOTE(6 medic @ Apr 11 2006, 02:58 PM)

i hope your cars all vibrate apart from the stupid subs you put in the trunk."

That was harsh. Calm the F down

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
i hate most pop rap too, but people dying isnt cool i didnt know him, never met him, probably never heard any of his songs, but it sucks another person died that was supposedly a nice guy.

sure, rappers can piss me off, but its just another section of our social world, not everyone has to like what i like, its called freedom :)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
fucking ridiculous comment. it has nothing to do with paying respects to Proof, which is what this thread is about.

i swear cowards make comments like that only on the internet...

regardless of what he chose to do with his life you dont speak ill of the dead. that is just inhumane and it shows no compassion

...but i cant sensor what you say or i would just be a hypocrite. karma will one day find you.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
[/b]
That is some of the most ignorant bullshit I have ever heard! How'd you like us wishing one of your favorite musicians dead. I don't like the sound of guitars so I should wish death upon every rock band?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts

[/b]
:thefing:

i play my system loud because i like to enjoy my car and all the aspects of it, if you dont like it, roll your windows up and keep on moving along.... :nana:

and what is your music preference that makes you better than us??

i say we make a road trip to Ft Bragg w/ our systems bumpin :yesnod:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey 6 medic, if you're going to put it out there for all to see that you are in my Army, you'd better either learn tolerance....or learn to keep your ignorance to yourself. Grow up, SPC. That was a disgraceful post. Anyways....the whole thing is a tragedy....I'm not that much into hip hop, but I know alittle about Proof...and it seems that he was very well respected, and well liked by those who knew him. RIP Proof.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts

[/b]
You are trash. Please die.

Just for you, and your stupid cunt-like comment, im gonna blast my loudest most ignorant hip-hop everyday and at every stoplight where I come across some military pinko like you.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hope you don't mind me stealing your graphic there Mr. Stephens had to throw it up on my myspace.

One of the weird thing was I've never been a huge fan of D-12 but have always enjoyed them. For some reason this morning, not knowing about the murder, I put on D-12 World getting ready this morn. Hadn't listened to it for at least a year. Will have to go home and dig up Devil's Night.
[/b]
No, I don't mind at all... Please use it if you want

Damn. I didn't know that. You ever post on D12World aka Rapbasement?
[/b]
no, I never got a chance. knew of the site and visited a couple times

I choose to not respond to the ignorance displayed by 6medic with more hatred or assholeness (other than typing this). I'm kind of in shock to the fact that someone actually came into a thread like this to say such downright rude and disrespectful things... wow. :nono:

I hope your mom spanks you tonight before she puts you to bed. :zzz:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
19 Participants
lethal6i
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing