1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
163 Posts
They will not fit. Period. Apparently you are a 200 post newbie, cause this has been covered MANY TIMES
[/b]
Man...always the first to the scene and the first to draw blood...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i guess i am if that means i dont check the website 50 times a day... ouch i got flamed

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
No, you are if you do not search for topics that are most definately covered.

I typed "Ebay Fogs" into the search and found 5 topics that answered the same question

·
Registered
163 Posts
No, you are if you do not search for topics that are most definately covered.

I typed "Ebay Fogs" into the search and found 5 topics that answered the same question
[/b]
Ok...i dont really care that much that your obsessed with proclaiming the search function. However, most of the time you say it in a demeaning manner. Its gets old....fast....

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i might be a 'noob' but ive been around long enough to notice u guys get huge power trips off 'flaming' people that ask questions that have been asked before.... never understood the whole internet power trip some people get... ill admit i should of searched but ive used this lovely search feature many times and went thru pages of non sense and didnt feel like it....

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and of all the search results... only 1 was for the fogs with angel eyes and these dont ship from hong kong like the others.. and lastly the one post that was relevant was never resolved by saying whether they fit or not, a few said they would and someone warned about ebay fogs from over seas... so searching wouldnt of answered my question and it still hasnt been answered

·
Registered
412 Posts
I believe the short answer is they will not fit perfectly. So, if you don't have the will or experience to modify stuff, you should go with an OEM kit. There is a complete write up that's pinned on how to install it, so you can't really go wrong.

I've read posts were the ebay ones were installed, but it went fairly badly with many fitment issues... so it is a HUGE risk. As for those specific lights, I have not seen them covered exactly, so I couldn't say.

I sympathize with you travis, tho. No one forces dabears to post, so he must enjoy "drawing blood" as it was put.

Seems "dangerous" to post outside of the newbie section lately if anything has been remotely touched on before..

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya i already have the lower fogs, i just liked the idea of the angel eyes, i dont think id want to ruin something thats workin fine right now to take a chance...

and ya, dont really understand why the hostility with askin a quetions similar to another one.. seems like guys like him watch this forum 24/7... he should be glad he has a new post to talk on and just answer nicely and maybe mention that search woulda covered it..

and things change you know... ebay could get a new seller that is selling great parts and no one would ever know because people in the past had problems.... kids these days

·
Registered
412 Posts
ya i already have the lower fogs, i just liked the idea of the angel eyes, i dont think id want to ruin something thats workin fine right now to take a chance... [/b]
Hmm.. I wonder if putting angel eyes in yourself would be an option.. if you can open up the stock foglights and do something similar to the headlight mod for angel eyes. That might be something to look into.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I all for trying new things (which is why I spent $150 on a set of HID's that may or may not work in the factory lower fog location). If you try them and they work, then you can come on here and show me pics. Once I see them, I will proclaim my errors. I am not being hostile, just trying to save you $100

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think i recall seeing jettajets body kit that came with lower fogs already mounted and they had angel eyes.... looked pretty sweet.... but then again i dont really have a reason for them because i keep my light swtich on the parking lights and my fogs on (did the lower fog mod like 2 weeks after getting my car) i love the look of just fogs on

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
wow...... relax, guys..... let's make this forum a peace one.... (go canada!!!) LOL...

...well i got an ebay fogs from abalonepoon, and it doesnt fit that well... although i had to zip tie them for security purposes... but i m quite satisfied... it's the same guy who produces the sport lower fogs i think.... their projector ( or so called reflector covered in thin glass in this case) is very crappy.... 1 small stone could crack 'em and 1 bigger stone would shatter them in pieces... and u'll end up with water puddle inside ur fog light... lol... like mine....

but the ebay fog u posted WILL NOT fit ur bumper period... cz i made that mistake and bought the previous version (without the angel eyes), but with the same design ( the ABS plastic is flat as opposed having the wire mesh like the sport lower fog)... and trust me, they wont fit... the kit is too big for our non sport... just my 0.02

i think i recall seeing jettajets body kit that came with lower fogs already mounted and they had angel eyes.... looked pretty sweet.... but then again i dont really have a reason for them because i keep my light swtich on the parking lights and my fogs on (did the lower fog mod like 2 weeks after getting my car) i love the look of just fogs on
[/b]
i thought his bumper is the kenstyle ones? he got the fogs from the body kit supplier i think... it came with it...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
umm not sure if your agreein or askin... but the kit im thinkin of he got a while ago and he knew it came with the fogs but he didnt know they were angel eyes till he hooked it all up... it was a surprise to him... and my point for bringing that up was that there are some angel eyed fog lights for our car... i KNOW these arent universal and the ones for his kit will not go in any 6, but just sayin the idea of angel eyed fog lights is out there and i dont see why there isnt a working set available... which is te basic point of my original post

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
.... well... there ARE angel eyes fog lights out there, but it's the bracket that worries us 6ers.... you can get those angel eyes for lights from anywhere.. there're couple in canada (from canadian tire)

and you just have to fit them into a bracket, either u dremel a hole into ur stock inserts to fit it in, or do the ebay way.... fabricate a bracket that SHOULD fit our NA mazda6

http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/pro...D=1146113732909

·
Registered
412 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
You didn't just seriously just say crappy tire was good, did u?!

haha, i had to.. sorry.
[/b]
lol... i didnt say that it's good.. i m just saying that there are other options for the angel eye fog light... just the bracket wont fit our sport bumper perfectly or at all....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
9 Participants
dabears2k
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing