Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

AutoEXE claim it can be done...

* Sport intercooler

It turns the turbocharger due to the exhaust, passes and the incoming air of the turbo engine which generates air supply reaches to the 130℃~190℃ which exceeds outside air temperature much. Oxygen density it decreases the air which was heated, obstructs the combustion efficiency of the engine.
The one for DISI turbo “sport intercooler” of genuine exchange type improves approximately 60% air transmissivity at genuine products ratio by optimizing core form, decreasing pressure loss. It decreases inhalation air temperature simultaneously. Installed capacity 12.3ps *, 1.5kg-m * improvement is achieved by largest torque without designating the result and the accelerator response as sacrifice. As for installing volt/bolt on. It has made the combined use design of the genuine intercooler air duct, (main point you remove the air case cover inside).
* This corporation measurement value

Let the JDM guys go nuts :)

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Sucks, unless it utilizes the stock ic shroud. It's needed to create a seal, and I doubt the ring around the air-dam will seal to this ic. They should make an aftermarket air-dam that matches up to the ic. That would be well worth the $$$$ they're gonna try to charge. Hell, they can even make it out of cf.

·
Registered
820 Posts
well, this ic looks sealed on the sides already unlike our IC. It also looks about 2x thicker so i'm guess it sits "in" the hood shroud. Most likely it's the same outer dimension as the stock shroud. So basically this will be it's own shroud/duct. I wouldn't be surprised if they offer a heat shield or something as well that isn't shown in that picture.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I wonder how air flows to it with no plastic shroud?
[/b]
Same here...

That IC is also smaller than the stock IC.

Why don't these fit the USDM cars?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
I think that is a strong likelihood second only to fgraziano's thoughts. If i is the case you have to modify the shroud, I would pass only because of the "ability to return to total stock" capability would be lost on a highly visible (underhood) and probably expensive to replace part.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it is higher, it would act as its own seal, and would make a great option for the "return to stock" enthusiast...

No modifications to the stock housing or the stock IC cover...

·
Registered
851 Posts
Same here...

That IC is also smaller than the stock IC.

Why don't these fit the USDM cars?
[/b]

that IC is for an MPV and csx...with the 2.3L turbo

because evidently japan got the mpv with the 2.3l turbo

but should fit on our cars

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I just looked a little closer, and I see two raised screw holes in the front and the tab in the back for the mounting of the shroud cover. Cool beans, how much?

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You are correct, I missed that..

I figured about $1400ish... (Just a guess based on the cost of the AutoEXE springs)...

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
It's probably somewhere in that ballpark.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
it looks like this is just a replacement of our TMIC. the shroud will bolt directly into the same spot (note the bolt holes on the front edges). all this is is a different core with better shaped end tanks. looks deeper that ours, which could provide a better efficiency. the end takes may provide better flow. i wouldnt be surprised if it actually works better than the stock for an approximate 10hp or 12.3PS like they say.

but you know autoexe. they charge an arm and a leg for things that hardly make a difference.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
ok, the endtanks look the same now. im gonna raise the BS flag on this one. autoexe is the most expensive rice ever.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Can anyone tell if it's bar and plate or tube and fin. That alone would be a substantial upgrade to what we have.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts