Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
I saw all of the other cool gun videos, so I had to add my own. :)

I am the lone Airman embedded with the Army in Iraq. Sorry it's long, but I saved the best for last.

View gun video here.
[/b]
Sweet video man. Now that is one fun filled day! I aso love the .mil guys who slap the mag on the kevlar helmet to seat the rounds to the rear, cuz every once and a great while the habit sticks with them when they are shooting minus the helmet. That results in a good knock to the head which isnt fun to recieve, but its funny as hell to see it happen to someone else. :yesnod: Man Ide love to own all of those toys. Someone send me $75K for a transferable M249. :)

BTW Thanks for your service.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the support, JrV. :)

You don't want the SAW. Go for the M240B instead. That thing is a friggin' beast! Did you see where I chopped up the wooden targets with it? I love that thing.

Of course, the AT-4 topped it all. I've never heard anything that loud in my life. It left my head spinning and my ears ringing through the ear plugs. It kicks you in the face a little, too.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Thanks for the support, JrV. :)

You don't want the SAW. Go for the M240B instead. That thing is a friggin' beast! Did you see where I chopped up the wooden targets with it? I love that thing.

Of course, the AT-4 topped it all. I've never heard anything that loud in my life. It left my head spinning and my ears ringing through the ear plugs. It kicks you in the face a little, too.
[/b]
Actually Ide love them both, but my name isnt Reed Knight from KAC(god that guy has a collection of guns), so Ill keep my lil AR15's and try to live with that. I should have purchased a M16 in 2000 when I first looked at them and they were only $5500-6500, but now in 2006 they are $12-15k and climbing. The AT-4 is one sweet lil launcher, but it would be tough to find a place around here to go shooting with it. :laugh: Got to love guns!

·
Registered
922 Posts
it must be nice to have all that extra time to fuck off... i remember when i was in iraq, never a dull moment... anyways glad you had fun..... :jackoff:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it must be nice to have all that extra time to fuck off... i remember when i was in iraq, never a dull moment... anyways glad you had fun..... :jackoff:
[/b]
When we first got here, we got shot at. They built a hospital and a school for the locals and then the locals turned on the insurgents. Now, it's pretty quiet. anyways, sorry your job sucks..... :nopity:

We had to qualify and then the video is mostly just burning up the left over ammo. We tried to get them to let us take an old A/C unit and a water heater out there, but they decided against it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The AK-47....my dream gun, if only we could own those in Canada. How is it to shoot? prohibitive? I hear there not that accurate, but make up for it in lotsa rounds, true?

·
Registered
176 Posts
cool shit, where were u? i was in Ali. all i got to do was carry a damn m-16 around sometimes, lucky bastard. air force doesnt usually get to play with cool shit like that so, LIVE IT UP!!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
The AK-47....my dream gun, if only we could own those in Canada. How is it to shoot? prohibitive? I hear there not that accurate, but make up for it in lotsa rounds, true?
[/b]
AK's are shit for accuracy. The first round is mildly accurate and all the rest will land....somewhere. Personally I'd rather shoot someone with one bullet and have the rest still in the gun for the next person trying to kill me. The only good thing is they last a long time and it's easy to find parts for.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[/b]
It was really hard to control. The 30 round magazine goes in a few seconds. They make a 40 round magazine for it, too. I would have to say that the accuracy wasn't very good. Just a short burst jerked the barrel upwards and the rounds were hitting about 5-10 feet over the target. I think it requires lots of practice. We put about 400+ rounds through it and it never jammed. I give it that. :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Practice doesn't fix an AK's accuracy. Melting it down and turning it into something else will fix the accuracy.

·
Registered
698 Posts
[/b]
lots of rounds + shit accuracy still = shit accuracy. Im not a huge fan of the AK and not because its piss poor Minute of Barn, but rather its a crude gun. Yes its reliable. No question about that, but Ide rather have my AR and put rounds where I want them to go rather than the AK accuracy. I know lots argue about the 7.62 vs the 5.56 being more effective, but the AR is a platform that can adapt to what the mission calls for. Stick to the AR, and I guarantee you will be alot happier.

Also this will be the closest thing to me owning a AK unless I find a nice one around here locally. Im sure you can own one of these up there in Canada.

It uses a Ruger 10/22 .22LR reciever. Ill be getting one for my 10/22, and then with a can it will be a quiet lil AK. It just wont nearly have the kick an AK has. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
8 Participants
JrV
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing