Replying to Topic 'Another good review'

Latvian journalists have noticed some weaknesses in Mazda6. Actually
I did it before them. So I put them down for you to know them:
One of these weaknesses is not a weakness at all if
you live in country with normal quality roads - Mazda6 as most Mazda
models is sportively hard.
The second weakness, which is more actual for those who live in countries
with normal quality roads - manual gearbox with too short ratios. It allows the
driver to accelerate fastly, but makes your engine work at too high revs at highway speeds, which means more noise (despite good acustic isolation) and more fuel consumption. 6-gear gearbox would be perfect answer to this problem.
The third weakness is noticable for aggressive drivers - Mazda6 2.3 (I haven't
tried others) engine is constructed to be fuel efficient. And it is! Even when engine
works at high revs I have a feeling that electronics are saving fuel and not producing
all the power I might expect from 2.3. Still there is more than enough power for
normal everyday driving even if you want to drive dynamicaly.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

*whew*

I got scared when I read the last couple of paragraphs, stating price. A glance to the footnote showed WA, which means Washington over here in the US. I thought it a bit odd, though, that the car would have already been tested in the US. I glanced up to the actual address, and saw it was an Australian site.

*whew*

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yeah, could you imagine a $43,250 (USD) Mazda6? My dreams would be crushed :)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by AliAL

Yeah, could you imagine a $43,250 (USD) Mazda6?  My dreams would be crushed :)[/b]
Yeah...that would be expensive...:sarc

·
Registered
9 Posts

At Australia$1 = US$0.55, that means a totally loaded Mazda6 is less than US$24,000!!

Hopefully US pricing will track (or even be better since nothing will have to be freighted around the world).

anyone know when MazdaUS will announce pricing for US? Seems like they should be doing that pretty soon if the car is really going to hit in Nov/Dec.

Dealer I was at expects to get them in early November but they're pretty clueless so I don't put any stock in what they say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts