Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was hanging out with my Mazda buddies last night at our weekly meet.
Two of the guys work at Mazda dealers as technicians. They both came up to me and stated that there was another flash out. I asked both of them what it was and what the benefits were, they were unsure as it is a "new" flash. They stated that it was listed as another recall <_< I think he said something like 4106H, I know he said there was an H on the end. He told me to come by the shop after hours and he would hook it up. Since I already came in for the recall they won't flash it again upon my request. Helps to know Mazda techs I guess.

As soon as I find out something I'll post in here about it.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Interesting. Mine is 4106E and I JUST got it done last Friday.

·
Registered
851 Posts
they would have had to release f and g before h

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
are you sure? why f and g?

where is windows 2000 but no 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004?

its a revision. ;)

i'm curious why they just don't release this bug fixes to everyone like a new firmware, won't harm anything it'll just make things better!

·
Registered
851 Posts
well they went in sequential order so far. you would think that they would follow the pattern

·
Registered
561 Posts
well then i guess im glad ive been working 90+ hours a week and havent had time to even call the dealership to get the first one...

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they would have had to release f and g before h
[/b]
The widespread recall is for 4106E
If it followed a sequence then where was:
4106A
4106B
4106C
4106D

But all that aside, I don't think 4106 refers to the firmware, I think its more of a recall reference number.
I could be wrong.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'd just scheduled mine for the reflash before reading this topic. I called the service tech and asked him about it. According to him, "E" is the latest and he said that they are updated every day. He said he would check it again prior to my appointment but that the "H" was news to him. I'm due in on Sept. 1st. I'll repost once it's done.

·
Registered
829 Posts
So I was hanging out with my Mazda buddies last night at our weekly meet.
Two of the guys work at Mazda dealers as technicians. They both came up to me and stated that there was another flash out. I asked both of them what it was and what the benefits were, they were unsure as it is a "new" flash. They stated that it was listed as another recall <_< I think he said something like 4106H, I know he said there was an H on the end. He told me to come by the shop after hours and he would hook it up. Since I already came in for the recall they won't flash it again upon my request. Helps to know Mazda techs I guess.

As soon as I find out something I'll post in here about it.
[/b]
I don't see how they won't flash your car again if you already did the E when, according to your friends, it's another (new) recall.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't see how they won't flash your car again if you already did the E when, according to your friends, it's another (new) recall.
[/b]
I dont get it either, I was just posting the information I received from 2 different techs.
I can't say for sure there is another flash, just going by what they said.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Asked my dealership - the tech guys there seem very up on top of things. They did the 4106E for me and have not heard anything about any newer revisions.
-Kyran

·
Registered
320 Posts
I had the first reflash that came out done on my car and since then, I ear a lot about new reflash, but there is none available at the dealer...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Just spoke with Mazda USA and they said the newest and only flash they know about was released on July 28th.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Alright then, I guess that clears things up.
[/b]
Sure does. Cept you didn't mention which Mazda dealership your friends work at. I want be sure I don't take my car there to get worked on. I don't want them making non-existent repairs. :laugh:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok...Went in for service today. Oil change, reflash, seat belt reminder and keyless entry autolock.

Oil change...ok

Reflash...Latest reflash is the 4106"E" version. Reflash was done and seems to work ok. The car seems smoother moving up through the gears on hard acceleration and doesn't seem to "spike" the turbo (although I kinda miss that). There seems to be more consistent power into the higher RPM's now. I also got on the freeway and tried a top gear acceleration. 6th seems not to have as much punch as it used to but it may just be me looking for something that really wasn't there in the first place...dunno.

Seatbelt reminder...The tech said that he thought he could turn off the seatbelt reminder. I tried it out and found that the chime will go off as usual and roll through the progressively faster beeps but will eventually shut off after about a mile of driving. It won't come back on until the next time you start the car. I don't know if this actually worked because I always buckled up after the beeping went into hyper mode and never let it get that far before the service. Maybe someone else can see if it does the same prior to getting it serviced.

Keyless entry Autolock...Had it done. It cracks me up every time it locks itself...I know it's stupid, but it's just funny to me.

All in all, I think the reflash made the car a little smoother....I just don't know if I like smooth in a turbo. I guess time will tell.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Seatbelt reminder...The tech said that he thought he could turn off the seatbelt reminder. I tried it out and found that the chime will go off as usual and roll through the progressively faster beeps but will eventually shut off after about a mile of driving. It won't come back on until the next time you start the car. I don't know if this actually worked because I always buckled up after the beeping went into hyper mode and never let it get that far before the service. Maybe someone else can see if it does the same prior to getting it serviced.
[/b]
Your reminder isn't disabled if it is still doing this. It will beep (3 times i think) if you start the car with the seatbelt undone, but will not beep about it after that at all. Had my minder disabled as it constantly irritated me at drive thrus.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts