Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
With all this engine tuning, always keep in mind: if you gain 3hp on the top end but lose 3hp on the low end, you haven't really gained anything. It's all about the area under the curve.
With all due respect, I'm not sure you understand how tuning works.
While tuning did give me more power on the top end, the biggest gain was in the lower RPM! And from what I've seen a good CAI intake will gain most on the top end and lose nothing in the low end.
The only mod I know of that will lose bottom end to gain top end is an SRI, which is why that's off the table for me as the best part of my car is how fast it is from 0-30MPH (last week I dragged a Tesla 3 from a red light and stayed dead even with him until I had to shift into 2nd!!!)

·
Registered
418 Posts
With all this engine tuning, always keep in mind: if you gain 3hp on the top end but lose 3hp on the low end, you haven't really gained anything. It's all about the area under the curve.
Exactly... Plus, replacing this specific muffler design with something high flow is literally 1HP and you're only going to feel it in the high end.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts