Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to fix a friends 6 with dpf faults.
Ive read through the helpful previous posts but am still experiencing the same issue.
Dpf flashing and eml light lit.
Code reader throws out p242f.
I clear the code and the mil light goes out for about 10 seconds then comes back on.
we live in France and the mazda dealer took a look at the car, replaced all 4 injectors and the oxygen sensor, cleared the faults but the lights came back on as soon as it goes in a long journey. (Unfortunately after the warranty period expired). The dealer is a massive rip off too, they charged 800 euro to change the o2 sensor and 1600 euro to change injectors, so my friends dont want to take it to mazda again!!
Here in france, unless its. Renault or citroen other garages wont even look at it.

So....

I cleaned the egr valve as some posts suggest.

Icant force a natural regen with the wire trick as when the eml light comes on it kicks it out of forced regen! I did however force a regen with the fault code reader connected and constantly clicked the clear faults which seemed to perform the whole regen in just under 1 hr, however the dpf light didnt go out and the eml light came straight back on with code p242f again....

We cant get the dpf removed due to ct ( mot) requirements.
All advise welcome

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 242F-error means DPF is full and cant be regenerated = change DPF! This is very expensive, at least in Norway.. About 2500 Euro, just for the DPF.
Alternative:
Reset with an OBD-tool of somekind. I used the Forscan-software and a OBD-link MX (about 100 Euro) to let the ECU think my DPF was replaced. Now the error goes away, and you can regenerate again. Try a forced regeneration and monitor the DPF-pressure afterwards. Maybe this will help.
But if the pressure Readings of the DPF are high and the regeneration cycle starts in short intervals, you have to either replace Your DPF or maybe remove it and rinse it/flush it. Mazda claims it will last about 150-180 000 km before replacement, maybe less, maybe more.
Also: check that you change oil regulary, and With the right ACEA class (C1).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts