Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my rear diff mount is shot to shit and I ordered the SU mount since the beginning of the month and they are still not ready yet. Same with CP-E. Now I called SU about it and 4 ppl told me, this week, this mid week, by the end of the month, it will be ready. Ive been driving my car almost everyday, I got no choice, its my DD. So my dilemma is, cancel the order for the mount and just get the bushings by Turbine Tech?. Now that item is also not available till next week from SU.

So what do you guys think, go for the bushings or wait for the stiff diff till the end of the month or maybe by next month again?. I mean even before I ordered the stiff diff from SU and CP-E's diff mount, they both told me it will be ready by June. I just called them today and both companies are giving me the same time date. I dont launch my car at all, but would like to get my car in driving shape.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just curious how you knew it was shot? Sounds? Visual signs?...

I sporadically get clunks that sound like they are emanating from the rear through the drive shaft when I downshift, primarily from 4th to 3rd, and 3rd to 2nd. It's not all the time and I can't pinpoint it.

Don't mean to hijack your thread.

Thanks...

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
If it helps-

I've got my OEM mount here- ship it to ya as long as you ship it back when your done...

·
Registered
710 Posts
Wow dj. That really sucks. I'm on the same boat you are except the diff mount fail. I've placed the order for my stiff diff and rear MM mount May, 26th and they told me it would take 4-5 weeks. It's been 3 weeks already so sometime next week or the week after we should hear something. I'm shooting them an email next week either way. I'd say wait a bit longer. I've heard nothing but good things about it mainly how beefy it is and how it cuts your 1/4 mile times, but then again I don't know how bad your situation is.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it helps-

I've got my OEM mount here- ship it to ya as long as you ship it back when your done...
Sounds like a good idea but then I dont want to pay for labor twice, although if that shit is still not available next week, ill get back to you.

Wow dj. That really sucks. I'm on the same boat you are except the diff mount fail. I've placed the order for my stiff diff and rear MM mount May, 26th and they told me it would take 4-5 weeks. It's been 3 weeks already so sometime next week or the week after we should hear something. I'm shooting them an email next week either way. I'd say wait a bit longer. I've heard nothing but good things about it mainly how beefy it is and how it cuts your 1/4 mile times, but then again I don't know how bad your situation is.
Its pretty bad, especially when the car is cold, lil bumps here and there and you can hear clunking. When it warms up, it doesnt fully go away but still sounds like shit back there....

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
If you go for the TT bushings, it looks like TT has them in stock now (they're in Canada though). It sucks when a store doesn't give you a firm in-stock date. If you can, wait until you can get the mount(s) and do 1 install. Personally, I would replace both mounts if I were doing this today.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've been waiting for my RRM from SU for about 6 weeks. It is not a big deal for me as I have been installing other stuff. I'm thinking about getting the rear diff though. I'll have a mechanic friend help me and may even be able to use the shop in which he works. I still have HID fogs and boost gauge to install. No time.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have nothing else to do on the car, im quite happy with it, just that i need that part... so thats why im also bored lol...

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
That sucks man, I remember having to wait a bit awhile back but not over a month. Why did you put the diff mount off so long? I went w/ the CPE one and couldn't be happier. Don't go with the just the bushings... why cheap out on the rear diff that is known to fail, when you've invested so much in your car already? That's WORSE than putting cheap fucking tires on your car!! LOL!!! UNLESS you just want to do it as a temporary fix, and get the CPE one when it comes in... but you said you don't want to pay twice for labor, and I don't blame you. Well, you can't get anything until next week anyways, so I'd wait to see what was up w/ the CPE/SU one.

How bad is the rear diff now? Can you take some pics and post up so we can gauge how bad this is/how much time you "might" have? Can it be ghetto-strapped in the meantime??! That may be the best/cheapest way to buy you some time until the mounts come in.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That sucks man, I remember having to wait a bit awhile back but not over a month. Why did you put the diff mount off so long? I went w/ the CPE one and couldn't be happier. Don't go with the just the bushings... why cheap out on the rear diff that is known to fail, when you've invested so much in your car already? That's WORSE than putting cheap fucking tires on your car!! LOL!!! UNLESS you just want to do it as a temporary fix, and get the CPE one when it comes in... but you said you don't want to pay twice for labor, and I don't blame you. Well, you can't get anything until next week anyways, so I'd wait to see what was up w/ the CPE/SU one.

How bad is the rear diff now? Can you take some pics and post up so we can gauge how bad this is/how much time you "might" have? Can it be ghetto-strapped in the meantime??! That may be the best/cheapest way to buy you some time until the mounts come in.
It just sounds bad I guess, all the clunking and stuff. Maybe ill just wait for the SU mount if anything, cause I really dont want take a short cut.
should have just bought TT bushings and their front mount... that has worked great for me.
I was thinking about what you have done to your diff, but I guess im just gonna wait another week for SU. If not, bushings it is. I dont drag my car, but do take it occasionally on road courses.

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
Apparently I was asleep when I posted my offer to ship the mount-
Somehow or another I was thinking Rear Motor Mount (dogbone).....

Yeah, sorry bout that, Alas, I've not done the DIFF MOUNTS yet.....
So, all I can add is a +1 to the strapping till you get your parts.....

Again, apologies. Yesterday was one of those "full of fail" days for me.....

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
548 Posts
it will work until you get your new mount in and should only take about 25 minutes start to finish.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hey DJ, I just got an e-mail saying they have shipped my stiff diff. So I was wondering if you waited it out and you got one too. Still waiting on the rear MM though. Hopefully I get that soon too.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey DJ, I just got an e-mail saying they have shipped my stiff diff. So I was wondering if you waited it out and you got one too. Still waiting on the rear MM though. Hopefully I get that soon too.
Funny shit, I called them yesterday about the diff and said otherwise. They told me by the end, end of the month or beginning of July. I dunno who to trust over there and the person was not very helpful nor friendly either. It felt like he just wanted to finish my replacement order and hang up. I changed my order to brake pads instead. I just bought the bushings from one of the members here. You know I have been buying from SU since I got my Speed, but lately they have not been the same. Its all good though, I think the TT bushings will suffice.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Funny shit, I called them yesterday about the diff and said otherwise. They told me by the end, end of the month or beginning of July. I dunno who to trust over there and the person was not very helpful nor friendly either. It felt like he just wanted to finish my replacement order and hang up. I changed my order to brake pads instead. I just bought the bushings from one of the members here. You know I have been buying from SU since I got my Speed, but lately they have not been the same. Its all good though, I think the TT bushings will suffice.
That's some fucked up shit right there. And yes I just said that. It pisses me off how they give you 20 different answers from 20 different people. I heard many times already that SU is slipping with the way they do business and customer service. I'm waiting for them to complete my order. I still need my rear MM, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Technically, they still have like one more week from the time they told me for completion, but if I don't hear anything from them, I'm going to cancel my order and going with CPE for their rear MM. I hear it's a beefy piece, too. Sorry to hear, man. I'm sure the bushing will serve you well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts