Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty mechanically savvey. If there is any problems usually i can fix them myself, but this car has been constantly getting problems thats out of my range or even the dealer techs.
For the past few days when the car starts up the cabin would fill with slight electronics burning smell. I have no idea where its coming from and whats causing it. Its slight so it usually goes away after couple miles of driving or maybe i just get used to it. Don't even know if I should even bother taking the car to service only to have them tell me nothing is wrong. I guess this is how owning a VW feels like. =(

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Another Day Another bowl of Rice....... :sarc:

Dude you are the most nitpicky son of a Bitch I have ever seen on a forum...you were the same way with your Mazdaspeed Protege and you got rid of that, then got it again afterwards....

are you ever satisfied?????

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[/b]
why arn't you sharing? got kimchi?

sorry you don't mind having electrical burning smell in your car, i for one do not. escecially one that i'm obligated to pay for 5 years.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'm pretty mechanically savvey. If there is any problems usually i can fix them myself, but this car has been constantly getting problems thats out of my range or even the dealer techs.
For the past few days when the car starts up the cabin would fill with slight electronics burning smell. I have no idea where its coming from and whats causing it. Its slight so it usually goes away after couple miles of driving or maybe i just get used to it. Don't even know if I should even bother taking the car to service only to have them tell me nothing is wrong. I guess this is how owning a VW feels like. =(
[/b]
Odd you say this...I've noticed the same exact thing a couple times and wondered if something was smoking (although I saw nothing). My first thought was maybe the seat heaters...but the smell then would pass and I think it's something outside or someone else's car on the road.

Last time it popped up on me was last week and made me think the car was going to catch fire...as I envisioned a blazing ball of flames beside the road.

Going back to the seat heaters...do you have them...if so, do you use them?

Maybe it will take a few cars to go up in flames before we get a recall...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Dude you are the most nitpicky son of a Bitch I have ever seen on a forum...you were the same way with your Mazdaspeed Protege and you got rid of that, then got it again afterwards....

[/b]
You're one to talk....asswipe :D

·
Registered
706 Posts
I'm a service advisor and I get to hear it all the time, but guess what, it's a new car and it needs to be fixed. Cars don't make a regular burning smell except when first made. Some have cosmolene on the exhaust that burns off. I'm to the point where bicycle would probably be my next means. Believe it or not, out of all my 35-40 cars, I enjoyed my 99 Z28's the best. Flame me about it being American (Canadian) made, but mine never had problems that weren't related to performance parts or driving. Just not practical right now and I can't be happy without spending lots of money on mods.
From day one, my MS6 has not accelerated smoothly and can't stand light to part throttle acceleration. My GTI 2.0T had to be the best everyday driving smooth engine ever. IMO, the MZR engine doesn't compare, but I didn't buy this car solely based on the engine.

PS- if I had to rid myself of mine due to issues that can't be found (like several others I got rid of)- I don't know what I'd buy. My wife would probably divorce me if I bought another premium fueled car.

·
Registered
856 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
My thoughts exactly....nuff said.

I've already seen one of my vehicles go up in smoke, don't want to see it again.
I wouldn't stand for it. Sure its gonna be a 'sumbitch' to track down. Definitely not normal.
I've yet to smell anything like that. *knocks on wood*

·
Registered
4,524 Posts

My thoughts exactly....nuff said.

I've already seen one of my vehicles go up in smoke, don't want to see it again.
I wouldn't stand for it. Sure its gonna be a 'sumbitch' to track down. Definitely not normal.
I've yet to smell anything like that. *knocks on wood*
[/b]
Alan hush...cowbell knows I'm jokin with him. MECers do that

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't have a problem with people having complaints, if you want to see nit-picky check out any lux car forum. Hell I have an appointment with my dealer to fix the back right window, it doesn't work, but while I am there I am going to complain about the weather striping on the drivers window when I roll it up it doens't wipe off any water and then the water dries to a milky type blotchy film. <---now that is nit picky but what can I say I have driven Lexus's for the past 5 years. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm a service advisor and I get to hear it all the time, but guess what, it's a new car and it needs to be fixed. Cars don't make a regular burning smell except when first made. Some have cosmolene on the exhaust that burns off. I'm to the point where bicycle would probably be my next means. Believe it or not, out of all my 35-40 cars, I enjoyed my 99 Z28's the best. Flame me about it being American (Canadian) made, but mine never had problems that weren't related to performance parts or driving. Just not practical right now and I can't be happy without spending lots of money on mods.
From day one, my MS6 has not accelerated smoothly and can't stand light to part throttle acceleration. My GTI 2.0T had to be the best everyday driving smooth engine ever. IMO, the MZR engine doesn't compare, but I didn't buy this car solely based on the engine.

PS- if I had to rid myself of mine due to issues that can't be found (like several others I got rid of)- I don't know what I'd buy. My wife would probably divorce me if I bought another premium fueled car.
[/b]

Ahmen brother.... I owned a '97 Firebird Formula that never had a single issue in the 50,000 miles I owned it. Except for the fact that every law enforcement officer watched me like a hawk. Every GM vehicle I've had after that has been a complete piece of crap. I don't want to bash the MS6, but there are alot of annoying issues. But the price, performance, and content just can't be beat right now. I'll hold on to it until the new muscle cars come out in a couple years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.