Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I think I'm giving in to temptation. For some reason, the dealer brought in a brand new 2005 2.3/MTX from Dubai and wants to sell it off as used. They gave me a good offer on it. It's exactly like my car, with only the sunroof missing (no big deal) I'm seriously tempeted to pick it up and use it on track days, and possibly do some mods later on.
The reason I'm telling you guys all this is that in my year-long search for a weekend car, I looked at a zillion other cars that I can afford. I looked at things as different as the Hyundai Tiburon and the Dodge Durango, and even searched for a mint Millennia - called Xedos 9 over here. (BTW, I sold the Typhoon for peanuts - it was way too much trouble to be enjoyable.) I honestly couldn't find anything remotely as pleasant as the 6.
So what do you guys think?

Shady

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
Hey if you're happy enough with the 6 to own 2 of them, more power to you! I thought about buying a winter car myself, and am looking at older Subarus. I wish I could afford a 6 as a beater, but they're too new to be cheap used just yet here in the US.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I am! Yes, the one I have - and the one I may be getting - is not exactly what I might call a fun car (handling aside), what with the lack of oomph from the 2.3 four. But hey, with an even newer (read: lower) offer coming in, and the fact that it's cheaper than anything else on the market for the enjoyment it has to offer, why not? At least it'll be much more enjoyable on the track than the auto I have, and hey, it's by far the least troublesome car I've ever had, and I've owned many! Flawless so far, in fact (except for the wheel thingie, that is, but that wasn't the car's fault.)

Shady

·
Registered
74 Posts
I thin it would be a blast to have one to play with. I would love to add a turbocharger and the Speed6 tranny. Could even do some lower springs and really sticky rubber.

·
Registered
752 Posts
if you need another, car and he's giving you a good deal i say go for it. i cant think of anyone who would want 2 6's, one for work and one to have fun with.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turchman, just what I was thinking, in fact! Hell, I could do a NOS mod, or try to bold on the smallest turbo I could find (faster spin-up is more important to me than outright power) and the sticky rubber? Yes, please :) I already have an extra set of 16" with Potenza G3's, so all I need to do is buy the car for them :D
First thing I plan to look into is a CAI, and out goes the air box, and then a free-flow. Hell, I could keep it completely stock and still have a blast! After all, for the price, no other car on the market could offer me a better driving experience. A 3-series over here costs two and a half times as much as any 6 and it's still not as indeering! So why the hell not? :)

By the way, I was looking at the Hyundai coupe (Tiburon to you) the other day, and I really quite like it! It's darn cheap and the build quality seems decent enough (not to mention it has a V6) and I do particularly like the seating position. I have yet to drive one to figure out how it handles, but I doubt it'll be any better than the 6. In any case, it lacks one thing the 6 has in spades: character. So I'm not that encouraged.

Shady

1 - 6 of 6 Posts