Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. I suck at taking pictures.

2. I need to find a cool location to take some pictures. Maybe I'll drive up PCH and take some pictures there. :D

3. My car also now has Magnaflows, but you can only really see them in one picture.

Anyway, here they are:

·
Registered
262 Posts
nice drop on the 6, quick question what military base is that sticker for????

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by dawei213+Jul 24 2005, 11:51 PM-->
How much did the shop charge you and which shop?
[snapback]466093[/snapback]​
[/b]
$70 a corner, plus $80 for an alignment at Big Brand Tire Company in Oxnard, California (They're a local tire chain).

<!--QuoteBegin-bamaboy23
@Jul 25 2005, 01:15 AM
nice drop on the 6, quick question what military base is that sticker for????
[snapback]466109[/snapback]​
The sticker is for NBVC Port Hueneme. My dad just retired from the Navy, but my mom and I both work as janitors on the base. She's full-time, and I'm part-time, since I go to school during the fall/spring.

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
Btw for future reference...the front coilovers are insanely easy to install. Most anyone could install them, then if you don't want to deal with the rear shock mounts, have the shop do those. Just trying to save some peeps some $$...the fronts just swap right out, no spring compressing or any of that crazy stuff :). Fronts would take roughly 15-30 minutes a side, maybe 20 minutes total (for both sides) if you'd ever worked with the front shock assemblies before.

·
Registered
700 Posts
hey man...i was thinking about doing coilovers cause...they are ajustable right? so like u can lower and raise them when u want?
cause im going to live in charleston in like a month and driving with a lowered car through the city will most likely be a bitch and a half..and how much did u pay?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Nice drop! Not rice looking but yet aggressive! AWSOME man :yesnod:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by iammike@Jul 25 2005, 03:35 AM
Very nice indeed....by the way, I can see your MF's in more then one picture.  :p
[snapback]466128[/snapback]​
Well you can only "really" see them in one. ;)

Originally posted by crossbow+Jul 25 2005, 03:56 AM-->
Btw for future reference...the front coilovers are insanely easy to install.  Most anyone could install them, then if you don't want to deal with the rear shock mounts, have the shop do those.  Just trying to save some peeps some $$...the fronts just swap right out, no spring compressing or any of that crazy stuff :).  Fronts would take roughly 15-30 minutes a side, maybe 20 minutes total (for both sides) if you'd ever worked with the front shock assemblies before.
[snapback]466138[/snapback]​
[/b]
crossbow is correct. The problem with me is that I'm lazy, and my dad has some really subpar tools. I would have had to buy a new set just to install the fronts, and I didn't want to have to do all that just to get them on. :D

<!--QuoteBegin-spiker98
@Jul 25 2005, 11:10 AM
hey man...i was thinking about doing coilovers cause...they are ajustable right? so like u can lower and raise them when u want?
cause im going to live in charleston in like a month and driving with a lowered car through the city will most likely be a bitch and a half..and how much did u pay?
[snapback]466473[/snapback]​
Yes they are adjustable, and I got them from heronew when he had a group buy for $730. You can contact him for pricing now, or you can contact another sponsor to see if they carry the Ksports too.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heh, I tried already. The shop tightened the bolts with air tools and so I couldn't remove them with the crappy tools my dad has. Anyway, with the drop now, I rarely scrape, but I'm sure if I drop it another 1/4" to 1/2", I'd scrape like no tomorrow.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Originally posted by aerxx@Aug 2 2005, 01:07 AM
come on man, the fronts are easily adjustable, bring the front down a little and level that shit out. :)
[snapback]474252[/snapback]​
Actually I bet it is level. The side skirts look perfectly level to the ground. The front wheel well is higher than the rear, so it looks like it isnt level, but actually is.
My drop is similar to his and its level.

·
Registered
459 Posts
ah, perhaps you're right. my defanition of level for our car is equal wheel gap in front and back. i think if you do that it gives it a nice aggressive looking stance.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by aerxx@Aug 2 2005, 10:59 AM
ah, perhaps you're right. my defanition of level for our car is equal wheel gap in front and back. i think if you do that it gives it a nice aggressive looking stance.
[snapback]474676[/snapback]​
JrV is correct with his assement. If you look at all the 6's with springs, springs that drop the same in the front/rear, usually end up with a little bit more gap in the front. The 6 already has a aggressive stance since the lines of the car are diagonal. If I lowered the front anymore than it already is, I'd have to be even more careful than I already am.

I probably should take some better pictures though. ;)

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Originally posted by aerxx@Aug 2 2005, 01:59 PM
[snapback]474676[/snapback]​
I'm with you, my H&R's put my wheel gap perfectly even unless I'm rolling with a full tank of fuel. I like the way it looks that way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
10 Participants
iammike
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing