Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Wanted to introduce myself. Just got myself a 2014 Mazda 6 GT with all the bells and whistles. I was able to get it for 31,000 OTD. This is my third Mazda and I'm pretty happy with this car. I got it on Saturday "Crystal Auto Mall" and now the car has about 600 miles.

Story goes like this. I previously owned a 2010 Mazda 3s Hatchback. I loved that car. It was good to me and it never ever gave me a problem. Unfortunately due to my past jobs being so far the car took a lot of abuse. The harsh roads and the high mileage. The car had about 67k miles. I figured it was time for a new car. I had about 3 cars on the list and the Mazda 6 was not on it. The three cars were an "Acura TSX", "Lexus IS250", and a "CPO BMW 328".

Test drove all the cars and they were all very nice. Somehow I wasn't happy with any of them. Beautiful cars though. Decided to visit my local Mazda dealer to see what they had in the showroom, and mind you I totally forgot the 6 was getting an overhaul. As soon as I pulled up at the dealer, there she was. A soul red GT 6. My mouth just dropped. Even my wife was impressed and she's not really a car person. Test drove it and a few hours later she was home with me.

My thoughts so far:
Interior is just gorgeous. I got the beige with black leather and wow. The technology in this car is just insane. I only wish the nav screen was a little bigger but It's all good. I can live with it.

Love the Blind Spot monitoring system. It literally saved my a$$ twice. Kudos to that.

The backup camera works really well. A car was barreling down the road and it warned me. Pretty cool.

The gas is the best part. So far I'm getting around 32 miles on the gallon. That's a combo of local driving and highway. More highway of course.

Of course there's a lot more to love so ask away!!! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nice choice! I as well have the SOUL RED with Almond interior. Nice to see someone else with the same configuration!

I absolutely love it!
Jim

·
Registered
173 Posts
Very nice! I got the GT in liquid silver on Saturday at open road in East Brunswick. Were you driving in south Plainfield earlier in the week? Cause I saw a soul red one, the first other 6 I've seen on the road in NJ

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Fellas!!

Very nice! I got the GT in liquid silver on Saturday at open road in East Brunswick. Were you driving in south Plainfield earlier in the week? Cause I saw a soul red one, the first other 6 I've seen on the road in NJ
Haha. That was me Paul. I was visiting my wife. She's a teacher in South Plainfield. :D

·
Registered
362 Posts
Lovely car, I was really considered the red 6 due to all of the advertisement. Did not pull the trigger due to the bad series of events I had back in 2000-2003 on my 2000 Celica GT (Red).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Since the blue is underwhelming, I think my pick would be the red also. The silver is actually quite nice (dark tone), but we've already got 2 silver cars. I think if the tail lights can be smoked the red would look even better.

Wonder if the police pay more attention to the red. At least that's the theory.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Lovely car, I was really considered the red 6 due to all of the advertisement. Did not pull the trigger due to the bad series of events I had back in 2000-2003 on my 2000 Celica GT (Red).
Bad events maintaining the color? Or are you saying RED is just a sign of bad luck for you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
What's up all?! Figured I'd join in the fun since I just picked up my 2014 6 in snowflake white with almond leather interior. Like the OP, I wasn't looking at Mazda considering I'd been a BMW guy for the past 8 years. But with the price of gas continually going up for premium gas and my job requiring a ton of driving recently, it was a time for a change. I was on the Car and Driver website one day doing some research and then BAM! there she was. The new style was awesome. So I did some research. Looked at reviews and photos, and knew I had to have her. Spent about two months looking for the best deal I could and finally pulled the trigger this past week. Love the car. And I love the MPGs!

·
Registered
362 Posts
What's up all?! Figured I'd join in the fun since I just picked up my 2014 6 in snowflake white with almond leather interior. Like the OP, I wasn't looking at Mazda considering I'd been a BMW guy for the past 8 years. But with the price of gas continually going up for premium gas and my job requiring a ton of driving recently, it was a time for a change. I was on the Car and Driver website one day doing some research and then BAM! there she was. The new style was awesome. So I did some research. Looked at reviews and photos, and knew I had to have her. Spent about two months looking for the best deal I could and finally pulled the trigger this past week. Love the car. And I love the MPGs!
Welcome! I sold both BMWs (E90 and E30) for the 6 and have never been happier :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome! I sold both BMWs (E90 and E30) for the 6 and have never been happier :D
I hear ya. I started with an E39 and then went to an E60. It was great having a V8 for the power, but the thing was a gas hog. It's been a loooonnnngggg time since I had a 4 banger. And it's taking a bit to get used to less throaty sound of 4 banger. But, now that I'm not at the gas pump every other day, and being able to use 87 octane gas, I'm more than happy with my decision. And the Mazda is loaded with great technology for a $28k car. Overall a great decision.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well you've got company, just bought the white Touring from the same dealer :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello all,
Questions for the OP or whoever came from the 2nd gen Mazda 3: Is it as much fun to drive and is it quiet or quieter than the Mazda 3?

I purchased a Mazda 3 a little more than 2 years ago, a 2011 Itouring. The purpose was for daily driving 5 miles to work and short trips to the Home Depot and such on the weekends and also fun to drive. It's a perfect car for as what I had in mind. Except that there are times when I found it's noisy and when I have 4 passengers and the back seats are a little too tight for 3 persons.

So I am hoping jumping to the 6, I won't lose too much from what I am getting from the 3 but with more room and a little less noise. The 6's fuel rating is actully better than the 3's so that is another bonus.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello all,
Questions for the OP or whoever came from the 2nd gen Mazda 3: Is it as much fun to drive and is it quiet or quieter than the Mazda 3?

I purchased a Mazda 3 a little more than 2 years ago, a 2011 Itouring. The purpose was for daily driving 5 miles to work and short trips to the Home Depot and such on the weekends and also fun to drive. It's a perfect car for as what I had in mind. Except that there are times when I found it's noisy and when I have 4 passengers and the back seats are a little too tight for 3 persons.

So I am hoping jumping to the 6, I won't lose too much from what I am getting from the 3 but with more room and a little less noise. The 6's fuel rating is actully better than the 3's so that is another bonus.

Thanks
Hi Amati.
My Mazda 3 made all kinds on noises. I think part of the reason was because I beat the hell out of it and I had a roof rack for my road bike. The 6 is definitely a lot quieter. I will tell you this. The back seats are really spacious. I can fit three barrel asses (my coworkers) in the back. Lol. :p

Hopefully this helps.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sorry I didn't make it clear, I meant road noise ( even after I changed to quiet tires). The 3 can be really loud when driven on concrete.

Thanks for your reply.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
13 Participants
Mazdaspeed RX8 Ver2
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing