Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a multitude of headaches, we've worked out all the kinks in our long tube header and y-pipe systems, and they're finally ready for a group buy annual Christamas sale! We've upgraded the cats with high flow metallic units that will not melt or blow out, and we've finally sourced the correct oxygen sensor extension harness!

The stock 6s has a tremendous exhaust system restriction as soon as the exhaust exits the head.

After a quick look at the stock exhaust system, it's pretty clear why our system makes so much more power. The stock exhaust manifolds were clearly designed for packaging, and not performance as they're simply log manifolds. And the integrated pre-cats don't help things either :nono:

Meet the CPE header and y-pipe combination (note, these pictures are OLD, and we're working on getting new ones).

One can expect on the order of 15hp/tq from this combination, as well as a much more aggressive sound.

We're looking for 6 orders to qualify for the group buy pricing. We're offering $1350 for the headers and catted y-pipe, and we'll offer a further discount for folks who'd prefer an off-road system. If you're interested, mail Josh Adams at Custom Performance including your:

NAME
ADDRESS
PHONE NUMBER

...and we'll get back to you for payment info once we have enough people in the group buy.

Josh Adams
[email protected]
www.cp-e.com

Feel free to ask us any questions you might have about the system or ordering!

Jordan

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Since this is what I signed up for,do I still get this price for waiting a year for these :yesnod:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since this is what I signed up for,do I still get this price for waiting a year for these :yesnod:[/b]

Wow, and only from 2006 :rofl:

I think you would be eligible for this price, but you might give Josh a call to talk about it just so that there are no surprises.

I also got an update and we're going to start sending the headers/y-pipes out tomorrow. They're a BEAR to pack and we've only got two people working on it, so they'll be going out a few each day. Once yours is sent you should get an email with your tracking number and invoice.

Thanks so much for waiting all this time Dave. We thank you very sincerely for sticking with us through all the headaches!!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I think they are working on those now.[/b]

With that being said now may not be until 2010 :laugh: This thread was created 20Nov06 and they are now being mailed. Kind of like a full tuning option for the 6 working headers seem to be an allusive mythical creature.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts