Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys went to change out my cabin air filter and after I changed it out whenever I turn on my ac I get a humming vibration type sound coming from the vents. I can't seem to figure out what's making the noise or exactly where it's coming from, any body ever have this happen to them or know what to do?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Have you checked the obvious? Repeat the steps to change the cabin filter and be sure that everything is secured properly. While behind the glove boc, double check any harnesses around the filter housing to ensure nothing is loose and hanging that could vibrate and cause noise. My other thought is that dirt or leaves may have dropped into the fan housing when the filter was changed. Was it especially dirty?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have not changed the filter on my six, but once in awhile I do hear a noise. I shut it off then puti t back on. Most times it works but sometimes i just crank up the music.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I have something in my blower motor, I'm going to take it out this weekend and clean it out. FYI autozone doesn't have a cabin air filter that fits the car, I have to go into Mazda and buy a factor replacement...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts