Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on this forum have an issue with their Android Auto not connecting with their phone? I had mine added as an additional item when I was going through the financials with my new Mazda 6. Hate to pay that money and it does not work.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been using both the original cable for the phone and a high quality USB cable. I will go through the PDF.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Also make sure that one of your USB ports has a smartphone symbol next to it; if not, then the new hub (that supports Android Auto/Apple CarPlay) wasn't installed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions. For my 2019 Mazda 6, I was able to get it to work this morning before heading to work. I think what I doing work was not properly engaging the parking brake so the Android Auto set-up can continue. You have to press the brake and then push the parking button down. I was just pushing the button down it would light and I thought I had it engaged, but it was not. Not for nothing while it seems like a pain I have to give Mazda credit for always thinking of safety.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions. For my 2019 Mazda 6, I was able to get it to work this morning before heading to work. I think what I doing work was not properly engaging the parking brake so the Android Auto set-up can continue. You have to press the brake and then push the parking button down. I was just pushing the button down it would light and I thought I had it engaged, but it was not. Not for nothing while it seems like a pain I have to give Mazda credit for always thinking of safety.
Thanks for the follow up. I'm sure it'll help somebody else one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
You pull UP to engage the E-brake, down to turn off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts