Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone!

I have installed an android aftermarket entertainment system in my Mazda6 2013 and it works and looks amazing!

I purchased this device on AliExpress during the black friday deals with CANbus to also have proper working steering wheel buttons and command center module working etc.

Specs:
  • 9” HD Screen IPS (1024 x 600)
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Rom: 32GB
  • CPU: Rockchip PX5 Octa Core
  • Capacitive Touchpanel Support
  • TDA7850 4x50W
  • Handfree A2DP
  • External mic
  • WiFi support
  • Full RCA output

AliExpress link: Android 8.0 Car Radio For Mazda 6 Atenza 2013 2014 2015 Car Multimedia player GPS with Octa Core 4Gb Ram+32Gb Rom support DAB+-in Car Multimedia Player from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

So when I received it, it was very nicely packed. The seller even included free prying tools and a cleaning cloth for me. Nice :nerd:

So I went ahead and recorded a tutorial on how to install it. I did not talk in the video, decided to use subtitles to explain what I did. It’s in Dutch though, but it shows what has to happen. If you guys want a vid with english subs, let me know and I’ll upload one with english subtitles :grin2:

Tool required for this job:
  1. Prying tools
  2. Long 10mm socket wrench
  3. Screwdriver

Installation video: https://youtu.be/jEvmLa1Wows

Few side notes:
1. The command center module does not work properly yet. I have received new canbus settings, which i have to try still. For example, audio and setup button do not work, but the nav, phone, back buttons work fine!

2. USB port in under your arm rest, does not share data, only powered USB. That is because the USB port is connected to Mazda’s original bluetooth adapter, that redirects the USB to the infotainment system. But because we’re not using that bluetooth module but the built in one, no data is transfered. Easy fix is to rewire the USB from that bluetooth module to your new android infotainment system.

3. The 4 parking sensors show visual and audio, while the 4 sensors in the back only have audio. Also for this I have received the new canbus settings which is still due for met to test.

I will share the results once I’ve tested the new canbus settings

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Installed pictures?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I have one picture, edited the main topic. Got two from the back. If you want I could take some pics or vid tomorrow :)
Attached to this post you can find the pics of how I connected. But the youtube vid shows all in detail.

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have one picture, edited the main topic. Got two from the back. If you want I could take some pics or vid tomorrow :)

Attached to this post you can find the pics of how I connected. But the youtube vid shows all in detail.
Gotcha. I just wanted to see the actual finished install pic

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did you have bose amp in your car? Does it work fine after this?

How much is the boot up time and does the rear view camera work during this time?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you have bose amp in your car? Does it work fine after this?

How much is the boot up time and does the rear view camera work during this time?
I do not have a bose amp in my car (unfortunately). But I’ve seen vids where other people install similar devices in their car and it works just as fine.

Also, I do not have a rear cam. But when I start the car and put it in reverse, the sensors appear on the screen, while android is still booting up. So doing an assumption here, but the cam would overlay the android boot screen and therefore work instantly.

I believe a complete boot-up time is around 10-15 sec.

But if you’re interested, you can contact the seller on AliExpress. I’ve shared the link in my first post. He is an authorized dasaita reseller and knows a lot. I’ve had cintact with him. Fast and professional responses.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh! I just bought this unit from Amazon. I believe it's the same exact unit, and comes with the canbus according to the page and after I messaged the seller. It's the only unit that comes up when you search "2014 Mazda 6 android 8.0" on amazon, and it's made and sold by Dasaita. This is awesome, I can't wait to get mine, sometimes around April 20th.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh! I just bought this unit from Amazon. I believe it's the same exact unit, and comes with the canbus according to the page and after I messaged the seller. It's the only unit that comes up when you search "2014 Mazda 6 android 8.0" on amazon, and it's made and sold by Dasaita. This is awesome, I can't wait to get mine, sometimes around April 20th.
Could you please share your experience with us?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I installed a similar one with 360 birdview cameras compatible with the head unit... It has canbus... Everything is working perfectly including wheel controls, the mouse and all sensors. But there is a drawback that the bose system did not work till now. I had to bridge the audio cable to the speakers and bypassed the amplifier for now. The seller promised to send me another harness for the bose system after the new Chinese year vacation. By the way even without bose amp, the sound is really great... I am astonished..

·
Registered
17 Posts
The cameras in this system are fully integrated with the head unit... It works only with it.. It is fully controlled by touch screen ( no remote control needed) for example if you need to see the right side of the car you just touch the right, if you need to see the back you touch the back area and so on.. It also supports blind spot alarm.. Very nice for security while driving and parking.. I am still in touch with the seller for tackling the only problem I faced with the head unit ... I just want also to admit that I purchased the system on my own risk.. The seller was honest and asked me for many pictures of the factory head unit and the mid-amp behind the glove box.. And you will have to do the same (taking out the factory head unit and taking pictures of the back of it) before purchasing putting into consideration that in China the models of Mazda 2017 equals 2016 models worldwide they are one year behind... I have mazda 6 2016 with bose sound system

·
Registered
977 Posts
#Aliexpress QAR 797.34 25%OFF | 1Din 360° Panoramic Android 9.0 8Core 4+64G Car Multimedia Player GPS Radio DSP CarPlay for Mazda 6 Atenza Mazda6 2017 2018 2019

This is the link of the head unit, if you want to have a look..
I was about to ask for a link, thanks! I am assuming that the control knob is working and fully compatible with the steering wheel buttons. Am I right? Please update us once you get the correct unit for your car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was about to ask for a link, thanks! I am assuming that the control knob is working and fully compatible with the steering wheel buttons. Am I right? Please update us once you get the correct unit for your car.
you are welcome...
I am about do put a new thread with all data including pictures of the installation to pass my experience with these aftermarket head units.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts