Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will Mazda have anytime soon an MP3 player as an option?
Most car electronics companies - Sony/Panasonic/Blaupunkt/etc - have on the market an CD player capable of MP3 playing.
Fiat is already proposing some of its Stilo with this included.
Which is Mazda's answer???

ZZ u, Adi

·
Registered
355 Posts
Replying to Topic 'An MP3 player instead of the CD/miniDisc?'

Originally posted by adim_v

Will Mazda have anytime soon an MP3 player as an option?
Most car electronics companies - Sony/Panasonic/Blaupunkt/etc - have on the market an CD player capable of MP3 playing.  
Fiat is already proposing some of its Stilo with this included.
Which is Mazda's answer???

ZZ u, Adi[/b]
Answer is MD!
Way better way to keep your MP3's than in CDs.
CDs are so easy scratched etc. And in MP3's you can do so much more than with any CD's after you have burned it.

·
Registered
244 Posts

My dealer told me that MP3 capable CD-player for M6 will be available in Europe next spring with introduction of Mazda2. As it is already available in Japan and NA, you might ask your dealer if he could make a special order for you. The part number for MP3 player is GJ6B-79-AGX.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Ok.
I will try to see if I could order it like that.
If anyone was able to do this in Europe ... please let me know.

·
Registered
514 Posts

Don't forget to also order the panel (separate part number... listed in the above mentioned post).

-Alt

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Answer is MD!
Way better way to keep your MP3's than in CDs.
CDs are so easy scratched etc. And in MP3's you can do so much more than with any CD's after you have burned it.[/b]
I beg to differ:
1. How much data does an MD hold? CD's can be bought to hold up to 99 minutes of music.
2. How much does an MD cost? CDR's are so cheap they are disposable.
3. A MD does not sound as good as a CD (unless they drastically changed the technology to the point where an MD is not an MD anymore).

·
Registered
464 Posts

plus its easier just to burn a disk of mp3's in 2 minutes on a 52x burner and fit hours of music on it. Usually I can fit like 5 live trance mixes on a cdr in mp3 format which equates to around 6 hours of music!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Reading Topic: An MP3 player instead of the CD/miniDisc?

Bose system should come with 6 cd indash changer that plays both regular cd and mp3. I dont see the point of having Bose system and 6 cd indash changer as seperate option when 6 cd indash changer is included in Bose system. Plus, the price between the two options are not that much different ($634 MSRP for Bose and $500 MSRP for just 6 cd changer).

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

What does the minidisc player to the 6 cost? I guess it will be pretty expensive since you got to have a minidisc player with recording funtionality as well...

Can you copy mp3's directly on the minidisc? Normaly you got to record the tracks in the same way you record cassete tapes, how do you transefer "data" to the disc? Does it require a player with a special data copy function? I'm totaly lost in hi-fi stuff :)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

I'm definitely all the way for MP3 player. MD is not really all that mainstream, would have to buy additional recording hardware, as well as an MD player if I wished to listen to the MD's anywhere but the car.

CDR's are about 7 cents apiece in bulk, will hold 180+ MP3's and as was mentioned, they are practically disposable. Also MP3 editing software and burning programs are more readily available, not to mention inexpensive or free.

Just imagine a 6 disc CD changer that was MP3 capable, that equates to 1080 normal length songs, which is more than 3 straight days, 24hrs a day worth of music without ever hearing the same song twice. I am in heaven just thinking about it:)

·
Registered
305 Posts

Chindo,

I'm ordering it with my car, but I'll have to go back and have it installed. It's showing "backordered" right now -- last I heard they'll start shipping the MP3 player in March.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts