Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lot's of Redline users here. Anyone use Amsoil MTG?
I have an 08 mazda6 vi, mtx. (Specs call for a GL-4 or GL-5 fluid, 75W-90). Coming up on 1,500 miles and am going to do a fluid change. Daily driver only. Don't track or autocross it. Live in NJ, so it will see cold and warm weather. I find Amsoil's distribution methodology a bit scary. Looks a lot like a pyramid to me. Otherwise, have heard nothing but good about their products.

Any positive or negative comments?

Also, anyone have experience with the mobile 1 gear oil?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I think this fluid is just as good as the redline option for our cars. Their distribution is ok and their products of the best quality.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Lot's of Redline users here. Anyone use Amsoil MTG?
I have an 08 mazda6 vi, mtx. (Specs call for a GL-4 or GL-5 fluid, 75W-90). Coming up on 1,500 miles and am going to do a fluid change. Daily driver only. Don't track or autocross it. Live in NJ, so it will see cold and warm weather. I find Amsoil's distribution methodology a bit scary. Looks a lot like a pyramid to me. Otherwise, have heard nothing but good about their products.

Any positive or negative comments?

Also, anyone have experience with the mobile 1 gear oil?[/b]
I just recently switched from Redline to Amsoil, and I can tell you that the shifting effort is just as good, maybe even alittle better.

Mobil 1 is GL5/GLS approved, not GL-4.

My 05' S says GL-4 only. GL-5 likes to chew on syncro's (friction modifier additive will disintegrate brass over time). Maybe the 08 is different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
joebrez
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing