Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a modest Alpine MRP f-250 (4 channel) amp to run my 4 door speakers in a '03 6s. In reading up on that cleansweep article, I'm inclined to use the amp to use just the 2 front signals to drive all 4 speakers. I know this will negate the fader, but I always keep it at 0 front, 0 rear anyway. So I'm wondering if there's a preferred method for this. Do I just split the speaker lines to go into both the front and rear inputs on the amp? Does the amp have an option for taking in 2 channels and putting out to 4?

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Yes. The amp will accept 2 positive and 2 negative leads (2 channels) and output to as many channels as it has.

Your method that you described is perfectly fine

·
Registered
418 Posts
some 4 channel amps have an input selector where u can have it on 2 or 4 (counting rca plugs) when set on 2 you only need to connect 1 set of rcas and it will drive all 4 channels of the amp on the same signal.

i looked at the amp pics on crutchfield and didnt see this switch on the side so it might not have the feature. if it does id recommend doing that because if you split them youll be cutting their current in half, forcing you to have to turn up the gains, possibly producing more distortion (which is the enemy)

check the side of the amp with the speaker terminals or read the manual, now if your using speaker level inputs without a loc, not completely sure if it would work on that too

at first i was about to write 'most 4 channel amps do' but ive been looking and seems like only company i found that has this is Rockford... and thats the only 4 channel amp i owned, so i thought it was a normal thing

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Hu4dk4dOvCd/c...&display=XL#Tab

its the button beside the remote terminal if your curious

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
travis0385
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing