Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

Has anyone in Sydney had new speakers or AMP professionally installed. And if so by which company.

I would also like to know what speakers are out in Australia to fit a M6 Classic.

Cheers

Nilanga ICQ 45622585

·
Registered
237 Posts
Reading Topic: AMP/Speaker installations

the m6 has 5x7 speakers. very small speakers : anyhooo.. there are quite a few companies that have 5x7, panasonic, alpine, kenwood to name a few. I went to JBhifi and saw them selling panasonic 5x7s for about $120 - im in brisbane though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Replying to Topic 'AMP/Speaker installations'

Been down this path with other cars. Can be quite time consuming and easy to blow the budget, thats why I went for the factory fit Bose system this time.

Firstly, correct me if im wrong guys, as the head unit in your car does not have pre-outs fitting a amplifier will increase volume but reduce sound quality greatly
As yet there are no after market head units for the 6

There are several brands of speakers, in the end you should listen to all of them and decide what sounds best in your budget
Does the classic have front splits?? This is where you will get the most improvement in sound quality. In my last car I fitted pioneer bullet mid bases with alpine DDDrive cross overs and tweeters. Cost $400 but sounded so sweet - much better than the BOSE system in my luxury sports (it was the perfect balance with lots of base and crystal clear treble)
Dont worry so much about size of speakers as all shapes and sizes can be mounted in most places.

There are several reputable workshops in Sydney who offer warranties on their workmanship. You need to look at them and see the quality of their work

Good luck Nilanga

·
Registered
87 Posts

I live over in Perth and had a system installed by Alberts (I dunno if they have that in the Eastern States). They were very professional and offer a 3 year warranty on installation and parts. I got an Eclipse 12 inch sub with 500W amp (left the front deck stock) and it sounds awesome! The sound quailty is beautiful, and the bass is amazin...

Mine was the first mazda6 they worked on and they did an excellent job hehehe...

Oh yeh the tech guy there also said that the front speakers in the classic mazda6 are quite good already...they got tweeters and mids or whatever (I'm not too sure what they are) so I left speakers stock....

When I get more money, I might change the front and back speakers, and add another too behind the passenger headrests...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks for the input guys

to obikwan : Do you have a classic or a Luxury model. I have a classic hatch but I thought the speakers at the front are same as the back one.

Does anyone know if I’ll be able to fit 16" component speakers using a mould? I had a set of pioneer components installed on my Ford Laser and they sounded awesome.

Cheers

Nilanga ICQ 45622585

·
Registered
87 Posts

Originally posted by Nilanga

Thanks for the input guys

to obikwan : Do you have a classic or a Luxury model. I have a classic hatch but I thought the speakers at the front are same as the back one.  

Does anyone know if I’ll be able to fit 16" component speakers using a mould? I had a set of pioneer components installed on my Ford Laser and they sounded awesome.

Cheers

Nilanga ICQ 45622585[/b]
I have the classic sedan model with the 6 stacker CD player. The only thing is you don't get much bass control, but instead you fade the balance towards the rear if you want more bass.

The tech guy at the shop said the front speakers were of higher quality than the rear ones...I'm not sure myself, I never took them out to check...maybe someone at mazda knows? :p

·
Registered
87 Posts

Also in the classic sedan the rear speakers are in the side doors; I'm not sure if that is the same in the hatch?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts