Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In building my car audio system, so far, I have installed an Alpine 9851 head unit, and have a Kenwood KSC-SW1 powered sub on it's way. This means I am down to 2 last peices to my puzzle. Some front component speakers, and an amp to power them. I was considering getting a 4-channel amp, and powering all 4 speakers off it (front and rear), but I wonder if it would be better to power the fronts from an amp, and leave the rears powered from the head unit.

Anyway.....this is what I have been looking at. Please help me make a decision.

For the amp....I am looking at either a Rockford Fosgate P4004 4-channel, or an Alpine MRP-F450 4-channel.

For the speakers, I have been looking at either some EDi 6000s components, Diamond Audio M361 components, or MBQuart RCE216 components.

Any opinions on any of this stuff either way......or maybe some better suggestions?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In building my car audio system, so far, I have installed an Alpine 9851 head unit, and have a Kenwood KSC-SW1 powered sub on it's way. This means I am down to 2 last peices to my puzzle. Some front component speakers, and an amp to power them. I was considering getting a 4-channel amp, and powering all 4 speakers off it (front and rear), but I wonder if it would be better to power the fronts from an amp, and leave the rears powered from the head unit.

Anyway.....this is what I have been looking at. Please help me make a decision.

For the amp....I am looking at either a Rockford Fosgate P4004 4-channel, or an Alpine MRP-F450 4-channel.

For the speakers, I have been looking at either some EDi 6000s components, Diamond Audio M361 components, or MBQuart RCE216 components.

Any opinions on any of this stuff either way......or maybe some better suggestions?

Thanks guys!
[/b]
Nobody with an opinion?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
you will get much better sound quality if you have an amp powering all speakers instead of the HU...as long as they are all aftermarket speakers.

as for the component speakers you have in your choices, i would personally go for the MB Quartz.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
R_sinist
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing