Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Damn...that's just sad. Even though they DID modify the map and put the wrong name in the wrong place, I'm surprise people still don't know where countries are.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
why is it that everyone confuses australia for iran, france, korea, or whatever other country they think we should bomb ?!? poor aussies.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Repost, but entertaining. Nonetheless, I don't like the title of this thread. :thumbdn:
[/b]
I dont either, but damn, those people need to go back to middle school.

·
Registered
444 Posts
oh shit... you guys are stupid! ever been to school? This should be general knowledge... schools are Free in America.

i went to USA once, and most ppl didnt know where Canada is and the spoken languages in Canada. C,mon we're the country just above you.

no wonder you believe in all the Bushll shit.

·
Registered
206 Posts
oh shit... you guys are stupid! ever been to school? This should be general knowledge... schools are Free in America.

i went to USA once, and most ppl didnt know where Canada is and the spoken languages in Canada. C,mon we're the country just above you.

no wonder you believe in all the Bushll shit.
[/b]
Two points: First, this is a testament to how much public schooling has deteriorated and needs to be redesigned.

Second, this is misleading. In continents such as Europe, countries are small, and you can't go more than roughly 200 or so miles without hitting a new nation, language, culture. Therefore, they have to be more internationally aware, not because they are inherently more intelligent, but because in 250 miles Sweden turns into Norway or Switzerland into Austria. In the US, 250 miles won't even get me out of Florida. I'm not saying that in today's increasingly globalized world that we should not be more internationally aware, but at the same time, do realize that the USA as one country is roughly the size of Europe. They are focused on the exact same amount of land; it's simply more fragmented.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Growing up outside the US I thought all Americans were lazy, fat, tv zombie retards. Video like that, biased as it it, reinforces peoples stereotypes of Americans.

As far as the comment on the size of the US and awareness. Trust me, lots of Americans would have problems identifying all 50 states on a map. I had VERY little geography in American public schools where as in private schooling in Hong Kong I learned all 50 states and then learned every country in the world (at the time).

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Gee, I bet a wily TV reporter wouldn't be able to find ANY stupid individuals in England, Australia, Canada, or any of the other countries represented by the few above posts. :sarc:

Our country of "stupid people" is still the more prosperous than yours, and it's not from luck. Every country has their losers and winners. America has a lot of both, and those are who they are based on how motivated the individual is. At least America gives them the opportunity to realize their potential.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gee, I bet a wily TV reporter wouldn't be able to find ANY stupid individuals in England, Australia, Canada, or any of the other countries represented by the few above posts. :sarc:

Our country of "stupid people" is still the more prosperous than yours, and it's not from luck. Every country has their losers and winners. America has a lot of both, and those are who they are based on how motivated the individual is. At least America gives them the opportunity to realize their potential.
[/b]

I said, "Americans are stupid" in the title, then in the post I said, "at least those guys are." The title was just to catch attention. Obviously it worked :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
[/b]
Agreed. You can find stupid people everywhere. We have plenty sitting in our parliament right now - but that's a topic for a different thread :D

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Like it or not Stretch Americans are stereotyped Internationally as fat lazy and stupid. True or not it's the perception that matters. Of course there were people that caught the mistake on the map but who wants to see that? Jay Leno makes money off of the same concept w/ his Street Talk or whatever the hell the segment is. Not to mention Jerry Springer or any other trashy talk show. Nothing like reinforcing that all of West Virginia (sorry to pick on that state) is inbred white trash klu klux klan ass wipes. Nobody wants to watch a show on intelligent regular people there.

It's like Scarface, you need the bad guy to look down on. For most of the world that's Americans. Sleep well knowing they're wrong. I think the real question is how do you go about changing peoples perceptions?

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
I don't care what the world perceives me to be so long as I'm in my nice house with my nice wife, nice dog, nice TV, nice dinner, and keys to my nice car. I've "made it" regardless of their preception. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me.

By American standards, I'm just middle-class, but by their standards, I'm rich. And really, doesn't everybody hate the rich out of jealousy?

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
I'll be visiting Europe for the first time this summer. Everything I've read says to hide the fact that you are American. I wasn't going to wear a "Woooo! USA!" shirt or anything, but the literature I've read has gone as far as to say even plain white Nike's are a dead giveaway and not to wear them.

F that.

I don't care if someone is clever enough to figure I'm American. I'm proud of my country. If they have issue with me because of my country and not who I am, than I don't want to visit theirs. All this literature has done for me is show what assholes some people must be. I don't look for French people in America to give them shit, and c'mon, who likes the French?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Does anybody really like tourists? I mean really? I wouldn't feel bad about wearing some white Nike's in France. On the other hand I would never walk around w/ a fanny pack, camera bag, and map in hand. Would rather be on the low w/ a back pack or something. Annonying dumb ass tourists are annoying in ANY country.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Does anybody really like tourists? [/b]
Growing up in an area with a large tourist economy, I agree.

I mean really? I wouldn't feel bad about wearing some white Nike's in France. On the other hand I would never walk around w/ a fanny pack, camera bag, and map in hand. Would rather be on the low w/ a back pack or something. Annonying dumb ass tourists are annoying in ANY country.[/b]
Well, I would do the camera, so I can use it (not bag, but around neck). However, all fanny packs should be confiscated and burned.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
About this Discussion
66 Replies
32 Participants
tucker
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing