Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Replying to Topic 'American versions'

Sport is an option package for both the 6i and 6s. The 6s comes standard with what is called the Premium package. 16" alloys, 8-way power drivers seat, and Alarm, ABS, TCS, ACC.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

i have the Sport Package, and it's not standard on the 6s. it's a package option. it's like a $1,000 extra for the package. it includes the rear spoiler, 17" alloy rims, wheel locks (optional also); full body kit, sports tranny, intergrated fog lights, and red illuminated dash lights. this is well worth the extra $$$ for wut u get.

·
Registered
514 Posts

AFAIK the sports tranny is a standard, not a package option. it's either 4-speed sport AT with the i model, 5 speed sport AT with the s, or a 5-speed MT for either model.

-Alt

·
Registered
391 Posts

Originally posted by WhoDiddy

i have the Sport Package, and it's not standard on the 6s. it's a package option. it's like a $1,000 extra for the package. it includes the rear spoiler, 17" alloy rims, wheel locks (optional also); full body kit, sports tranny, intergrated fog lights, and red illuminated dash lights. this is well worth the extra $$$ for wut u get.[/b]
Aren't dash likes red when you just get base model???

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Lights are red on all models except on the MPS concept car, which had blue lights. Whether this will apply to the production version is something we will know later this year...

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

I have not driven a Sport but I'm told that while the standard/base is white/day red/night the Sport is red all the time.

·
Registered
146 Posts

Originally posted by LBJay

I have not driven a Sport but I'm told that while the standard/base is white/day red/night the Sport is red all the time.[/b]
The 6S's dash is red all the time. And easy to see with sunglasses in direct sunlight as I learned today in mine. Very cool, I may add. :D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yup. Very red, indeed. And I might add: in the beginning I was not too fond of the choise of red. But now I am a believer...:D

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Easy way to remember the models is I=Inline 4, S=Six. Dunno. This helped me remember. I don't even live in the states so to get the i and s straight and the Sport and GFX packages and GT here. Bleh. :D

·
Registered
391 Posts

I have not driven a Sport but I'm told that while the standard/base is white/day red/night the Sport is red all the time.[/b]
Are headlights on always too, or is it just the interior?

·
Registered
146 Posts

Originally posted by Haris

Are headlights on always too, or is it just the interior?[/b][/quote]

In the states the headlights are NOT always on. In Canada they are by law.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

You really shouldn't. Headlights on at daytime saves a lot of lives, how stupit it may sound.

Also: dash lights are not always ON but when they are, they are RED...

·
Registered
391 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

You really shouldn't. Headlights on at daytime saves a lot of lives, how stupit it may sound.

Also: dash lights are not always ON but when they are, they are RED...[/b]
Thats in base model. The sport package's dash lights are always on.

·
Registered
391 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

No they are not.[/b]
Ok, so what is iluminated red dash lights different from regular red dash lights that come in regular mazda 6 S?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

You got me there. Haven't got a clue. I've only seen the European sports, and those lights aren't always on. On the other hand, we don't have optitron gauges either...

But what would be the point having the dash lights on in daylight, it's not strong enough to be visible (I'm not talking about the optitrons or the LCD display, they must ofcourse be on).

Strange...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts