Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'American 6'

Originally posted by Genius

I just read that the automatic mazda....has a feature that you can either do manual shifting or automatic....I dunno if it is correct...hopefully it is.:)  

I saw it on the Mazdausa website....here is the LINK

GO TO PERFORMANCE and then powertrain....on the flash website:

http://www.mazdausa.com/mazda6/mz6_main_flash.asp

:D[/b]
Yes, that is a manumatic/tiptronic/easytronic (pick one) gearbox.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

this is the first i have heard of it......very NICE...so the car is both manual and automatic....NICE....:)

·
Registered
140 Posts

You can get that in a Protege 5 right now, it is now the industry stand for automatic cars. I still would only buy a 5 or 6 speed manual transmission car.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

so is this feature available in all 6's/atenza's worldwide...or is it only offered in the united states?...cuz i havnt heard much about it...until now

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

wait....isnt it the same as a manual except without a clutch?....and tiptronic/auto seems very cool....u can do either....with the manual u only get one....right?

·
Registered
140 Posts

Depends on the the if you want a four wheel drive wagon, that is the only vehicle you cannot get it on.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Hey, hold on a minute here!

You must realize that a tiptronic is simply an automatic gearbox that is possible to shift "manually". Now that means one step up or one step down at a time, just by giving the sticker a little push in either direction.

This has nothing at all in common with what I would refer to as manual shifting. It lacks the feel.

However, it's a pretty neat idea, and I'd take that in front of an automatic any day.

If there were no manual ones, that is.

And there is. Thank You, Lord!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

haha....to each their own...but im no tinto the whole manual thing...my friend got a celica manual...and he sucks at driving manual....he stalls all the time...but i guess it just takes a while...BUT tiptronic is pretty cool...still:D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

haha....to each their own...but im no tinto the whole manual thing...my friend got a celica manual...and he sucks at driving manual....he stalls all the time...but i guess it just takes a while...BUT tiptronic is pretty cool...still:D[/b]
If you just want to accelerate and slow down, accelerate and slow down...go and stop, stop and go...why don't you just take the BUS?:D

No, sorry, I agree - it's a good idea. Many people want/need automatics. For them this is a good thing!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

wait....the mazdausa website says that the option is available on both the 6 i and the 6 s...at the specs page...so its not only on the wagon.......

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

i doubt i will be racing in my 6....with the manual....as there is a sort of crackdown on streetracing in my town...i kno that you get more of a feel for the car....but the point of a car....is to get from POINT A to POINT B....with the 6....it will just be done in style:)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

i doubt i will be racing in my 6....with the manual....as there is a sort of crackdown on streetracing in my town...i kno that you get more of a feel for the car....but the point of a car....is to get from POINT A to POINT B....with the 6....it will just be done in style:)[/b]
You miss the point...going from A to B is supposed to be FUN - in addition to being done in style.

And what a style!

It looks good in pictures, but it doesn't even come close to what it looks like in reality. It' so f*****g great!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

either way...manual or auto...the car will be a blast to drive (HOPEFULLY) dammit...i havn't even seen 1 up close and personal...my friend saw one in la...a couple of months ago...the guy imported it from japan.....JEEZ....o well....

GOOD things come to those who WAIT.....:)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

GOOD things come to those who WAIT.....:)[/b]
Yes, but to me it comes even sooner...:D

I had the word today that my dealer will get my hatch in 3-4 weeks. And I will get it in about a week after that I guess (they are going to mount the trailer hitch and engine heater 'n' stuff...I live in an arctic part of the world...)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

engine heater?....how cold does it get?[/b]
Cold enough...a typical winter we have between 23F and -13F mostly, but sometimes as cold as -45F...

I took my old Mazda 626 on a ride a winterday when it was -45F...it worked just fine. But many other autos were standing along the road, abandoned. When it gets this cold, the environment is truly hostile. You can survive outside only for a short time if you don't wear very warm clothes...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

jeez...its like 102F here....ac full blast...haha....hottest day of the year...i hope:D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts