Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it goes. I dropped my car off at AT on Saturday morning around 9:30 to have them balance and rotate my tires. I come back at around 5 to pickup my car to be told that my car is not in a drivable state and I cannot take it home. Come to find out when they were torquing down the lugs they broke 2 of the studs off of the left rear of the car. They never once called me about the mistake. Also they tried to pass the blame saying that there were air pockets n the studs and it was a factory defect. Another part that pisses me off is that the guy told me that if they would of had the studs in stock they could have changed them and take care of it. Well after all of the BS they dropped my car off at Mazda this morning, I received a call from Mazda saying the repairs are not a warranty coverable issues and when the car was dropped off AT told them they will not pay for it as it was caused by a factory defect. So at this point I am fihting with AT and Mazda to see which one of them is going to pay for the damage.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Sounds like you need to get a written document from Mazda. Then take it to AT and mention a lawyer if they still claim factory defect...You'll be suprised how fast places can get things done if you mention getting lawyer when they know one of their guys fucked it up.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
outside of shops i know, i won't go anywhere other than America's Tire Co. never let me down, and have been through 3 sets fo tires and 2 sets of wheels through them. it all works out, just not always ideally

1 - 4 of 4 Posts