Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I to understand that we cannot come to an agreement?

I only ask because I see that any mention of 6tech on this site is being deleted without warning. Occasionally, I spot the reference, and find it missing later.

Funny, it's not even us posting the links. Your users are doing it. And those links are posted in DIRECT response to your users' questions. Is it policy to leave an unanswered question instead of a completely answered question? Or is Dan making his own policy?

I don't understand... I thought we were trying to negotiate something. This area hasn't had a post for a few days... has everyone lost interest in trying to work something out or what?

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Reading Topic: Am I to understand that we cannot come to an agreement?

For the record, I haven't been touching any of the 6tech links. In fact, in the past few days I haven't been on that much due to work. If someone is doing, please mention why.. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

I haven't been doing any deleting. In fact, I thought the linking was being permitted, at least temporarily, as a sign of good faith by 6club.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Am I to understand that we cannot come to an agreement?'

Exactly. I haven't been deleting them either..I thought we agreed to leave them.

Originally posted by Stretch
... has everyone lost interest in trying to work something out or what?
Nope. We're still interested. I think a cross board link is the best place to start...but I don't have the ability to add it. Guju, Absolut, what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts

I haven't been deleting them either... running out of mods to blame :p I think AliAl has the best solution for now atleast.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Replying to Topic 'Am I to understand that we cannot come to an agreement?'

Well, ok... sorry for coming on so strongly then, but I have noticed a link here and there being removed. As an act of good faith on our part, the 6tech members have stopped linking our site as not to prevoke anything. But we do still see the links, occasionally, posted by other members, and when we do we tend to celebrate them (hey- it's a welcome surprise to know that someone else finds 6tech useful). Then the links disappear.

Anyway, I do agree that linking is a good start. I'm actually hoping for the quick release of phpBB 2.2 which would make this a lot easier for us (as well as support subforums!) :-/

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
wow, just looking through old stuff, this was well before i was a mod.

interesting to see where this used to be in the biggining, where now i look at the 2 sites as sister sites to some effect (or brother sites if you will).

i haven't heard anything from the coast2coast or whatever that site is in a while, everythign calm down there? i know on some of the other sites, as soon as i post about 6club or 6tech it seems to get deleted, really annoying for me when i'm just trying to answer peoples questions the best way possible and the forums they are on are not getting the answers.

anyhoy, live long and prosper

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
This was certainly a point of contention for a while. I'm surprised, in fact, that the section is still here. I don't think the other sites were ever a major issue, more like an annoyance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts