Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just wondering i i am the only member from england?
i know i am the owner of the only modified mazda 6 ts2 diesel in england but surely there are more owners of mazda 6's in uk on here?
if you are from uk please reply to this thread

no spam please

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I'm from Coventry but I live here in Orlando, FL....

Still have some family in Chester...

Post some pics and mods to your car, I have never seen a modified diesel Mazda6...

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
I was born in Aylesbury and lived in Dunstable for a while, but now live in California. There are others from the UK on the forums that used to be pretty active. I'm sure they will surface.

·
Registered
25 Posts
btw what sort of power are you getting from you car with the tunit and the exhaust. Had mine dynoed last weekend with just a k&n panel filter the airbox mod and a cold air intake from by the intercooler and she was putting out 150bhp and 240lbs/ft give or take however much the rollers were out by (although most were complaining of them under reading on the day with just the fwd cars happy with the results) apart from that mine is standard.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have no idea what the car is pushing out. need to get it rollin roaded soon. altough i am expecting a big peak in torque when i turn up the tunnit.
are you part of any car clubs in n wales? as i am a member in most of the clubs in my area?
where did you find the airfilter? can you send me a part number as i dont know if they do on for mine?
airbox mod?
fancy coming to the next regional meet in n,wales so i can see what you have done to yours and vice versa?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am a member of briskoda and also mx5 nutz used to be on cupra.net till I got rid of my seat

K&N filter was from E bay off a company called YBfilters (www.YBfilters.co.uk)
part no is 33-2278
It was £39 +postage which was still £10 odd cheaper than halfords could do it for.

with the air box do a search on the air box mod or look in the diesel section of the drive train forum.

All I have done with my air box is drill out the bottom just above the intercooler so it pulls in colder air from down there rather than from in front of the radiator. there is already a place for the hole it just needs drilling out you will see what I mean if you pull the airbox out. the only problem is that it is a bit noiser now but in a nice way as I like the sound.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thats a nice exhaust not sure about the wheels would have to see them in real life i think its hard to tell looking at photos. they look nice on the close up but i couldent see them on the car very well cos of the angle of the picture. Mine is standard on the outside even down to the scratched front bumper that needs spraying. does yours have the 6speed gearbox mine is a lot older than yours and only has the 5 speed gearbox but I am thinking of changing her soon for a newer one (or a mazda 3 sport) and was wondering when they put the 6 speed box in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they put the 6 box on the model after mine. as mine also has the 5 speed box. but i test drove the new one and in a way i prefer the feel of the 5 speed. as that is the only major change apart from a bit of chrome here and there on the outside.
i will look at the airbox when i get back from canada. as i am on exercise here for a further 2 weeks.
if you fancy chatting to like minded people from your area go to.
www.cruisenorthwales.co.uk
giz a yell when you get there, my nickname is the same on there. maybe i will bump in to you so you can see the car in the flesh.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
All I have done with my air box is drill out the bottom just above the intercooler so it pulls in colder air from down there rather than from in front of the radiator. there is already a place for the hole it just needs drilling out you will see what I mean if you pull the airbox out. the only problem is that it is a bit noiser now but in a nice way as I like the sound.
[/b]
I thought that they sealed this thing for not pulling too much warm air that the intercooler produces.

BTW, I dynoed my car (136 hp diesel) and it's putting out 162 hp. The only thing I have done is a sport exhaust.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I thought that they sealed this thing for not pulling too much warm air that the intercooler produces.

BTW, I dynoed my car (136 hp diesel) and it's putting out 162 hp. The only thing I have done is a sport exhaust.
[/b]
Thats a good power figure. mabye the guys I was with were right and the dyno was reading low on the day. What exhaust have you got? any pics.

I have got a sheet of plastic in place so it pulls air from in front of the intrtcooler. I thought it went to the resonator box which would have been there if it was a petrol model but all the same my intake temps were low (20deg c) compared to some of the petrol boys who had induction kits on them which seemed to be from 25-37deg c

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
The exhaust is made by Primasport / Napexx / Duplexx. I attached a pic of it.
Do you happen to have a picture of the sheet of plastic or your setup?

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
*thinks i really need to get mine rolling roaded as soon as possible!
as i should get some sweet gains from the custom system and tunnit box

·
Registered
25 Posts
Driver6 that is a nice exhaust :D

get pics of my mod. your asking a bit much now I can only just use this computer!

all it is really is a bit of roofing flashing made of asphalt that seals the top of the intercooler to the car under the air box so any air that comes up comes from in front of the intercooler. its a bit of a botch job really but it does the trick and you cant see it when the airbox is in place. I tried to feed a bit of tube from the airbox down in front of the ic but its really tight and I could not do it which is a shame cos that would have been perfect. half the hole is above the back of the ic thats why the tube would not go down properly.

sharkie your wheels look good but I see what you mean about needing to lower it. your one of them that has the blue neons on that make me panic when I catch a glimpse of them in the rear view mirror and think its the cops behind me :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cheers mate i need to lower but i am not planning on spending money on it until after my wedding next year.
i know what you mean but i never turn on the blue whilst on the road as it is asking for trouble. especilly as the police in n wales are very keen

1 - 20 of 99 Posts