Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Saturday morning, I went down to Glebe Rd Mazda to get an oil change and servicing. While I was there, I told them that I wanted them to check out something. When I started from a stop and push down on the accelerator, there is a ticking noise that occurs which is proportional to the amount I push down on the accelerator. When it gets to a high enough RPM, it quiets. They said cool. So afterwards, they told me that one of my tweeters (right side) was loose and they ordered another one. Does this make sense? I'm really starting to try to get more knowledgable about cars. And I know this had to do with the speakers. I didnt think it was a problem with the speakers...any advice?

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Last Saturday morning, I went down to Glebe Rd Mazda to get an oil change and servicing. While I was there, I told them that I wanted them to check out something. When I started from a stop and push down on the accelerator, there is a ticking noise that occurs which is proportional to the amount I push down on the accelerator. When it gets to a high enough RPM, it quiets. They said cool. So afterwards, they told me that one of my tweeters (right side) was loose and they ordered another one. Does this make sense? I'm really starting to try to get more knowledgable about cars. And I know this had to do with the speakers. I didnt think it was a problem with the speakers...any advice?
[/b]
Hm, not really too far off, but if you do not trust this dealer, can you get a second opinion?

Call around and see! Good luck!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I dont see how that could be unless its an electrical interference you happen to hear from a tweater... I do know this engine can "tick" and it can be a non-issue or a real problem but it completely depends on the cause of it.

At times I can hear my own engine tick but typically not once its warmed up good. Mine is an example of "not a problem".

·
Registered
44 Posts
The tech probably blew your tweeter when he was blasting your stereo as he was sitting in your driver's seat "diagnosing" your problem. Hey at least he'll install it for you!

·
Registered
676 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess its one of those things thats a non problem but just is annoying. Plus the car is starting to not feel as smooth of a drive (especially in the city driving) as it used to. I think its the general suckiness of the ATX but thats another complaint.

The car looks hot as hell but on the inside...meeeh, not all its cracked up to be I guess. Ah well, I checked out that thread and I have seen it before but since there was no real resolution to it, not a real help. Unless I look into the solenoid thing

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so they ordered the part and they wanted me to come in to get it installed tomorrow morning. Do I go in or let them know I dont want to do it anymore since I dont think the Tweeter will change the noise? I dont want to have to pay for something that isnt going to help and to have my chain yanked even further.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
zoomfreakinzoom
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing