Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have more pictures of the aluminum dash kit, installed, from RPM (they only had a couple pics and I couldn't find anything specific while searching here)

Also, for anyone that does have them installed, have you had any problems with rattling or the dash coming loose?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
814 Posts
Im pretty sure thats just an aluminum sticker overlay, so assuming you have no rattles now (LMAO), you won't have any then

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
They are very thin stickers, they do not impact rattles.

I have the uninstalled kit here. I have not installed it yet due to time and temperature (it's still too cold here).

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
so are they plastic or still made out of real aluminum (sorry just wanted to make sure)? Also, someone needs to come out with an 06 dash kit, or atleast a mazdaspeed6 dash kit, the faux carbon fiber just isnt cutting it.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
They claim it's real, and it looks like real brushed aluminum to me (like a G35's aluminum interior).

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
They claim it's real, and it looks like real brushed aluminum to me (like a G35's aluminum interior).
[/b]
Yes, brushed aluminum. Coated w/ what seems to be some sort of plastic (polymer) of some sort. Gives the aluminum a high gloss and protects it from scratches.

·
Registered
465 Posts
It's still just a sticker. And since it's just a sticker and not an actual physical replacement part it wont fit perfectly and will leave gaps of non-coverage on your dash ... specifically around curved edges.

·
Registered
215 Posts
It's still just a sticker. And since it's just a sticker and not an actual physical replacement part it wont fit perfectly and will leave gaps of non-coverage on your dash ... specifically around curved edges.
[/b]

Its actually a good fit for a dash kit. But no, it is not an entire new dash.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
cheapo... dont do it

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I'm so glad my kit doesn't have those chromey pieces. The stuff doesn't look cheap, though I have not gotten around to trying to install it yet. We'll see.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
13 Participants
6vision
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing