Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at MANY MANY MANY cars- I think I have decidd on the Mazda 6- please tell me how happy I will be. Anyway- I was looking specfically for a few options (ABS, side bags...) they came back with one that has what I want- but also has "Aluminum Dashboard" for $700. I of course plan on getting a deal- since I dont want this- but doesn anyone know what this is? And how it might change the looks of the interioir- especially the gauges? I won't be able to get down there for a few days.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Reading Topic: Aluminum Dash?

Ummmm.... EVERY 6 has a silver (aluminum COLORED) dash standard. Frankly, adding real aluminum to this would detract from it, and the usual epoxy coated fake alum dash kits would look hideous. Whoever told you that was a factory option was jerking you off.

If you MUST have a dash kit, try www.woodtrim.com and it should run you about $300. If you order during a national holiday weekend, they give you 10-25% off.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'Aluminum Dash?'

ON the dealer invoice the code for the aluminum dash is listed as: Do32514m3. I cant seem to find it on the mazda web site at all. Maybe the entire dash is aluminum so I can cook an egg on it in the summer. My guess- someone had it customized then decided they didn't want it- and now the dealer is trying to get rid of it.

·
Registered
657 Posts

Hack, why not call MazdaUSA and ask? I'm betting they're trying to bend you over without the lube. FIGHT THE POWER!

heh, sorry, long day at work. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts

I'd pay for that. The dash looks awesome, but in person the plastic feels cheesy, not because its plastic, but because it tricks your mind into thinking it's aluminum. My friend's GTI 337 came with some aluminum and some plastic, but they have a kit to replace with all aluminum. It made a huge difference. Also, i hear the 2003.5 Mazdaspeed proteges have aluminum, where the 2003's had plastic. The protege guys said something about the aluminum parts not being ready in time for 2003, maybe future 6's will also go to real alu.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I think the dealer is trying to rip you off and have you pay for the silver console that comes standard!!!

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

Have the dealer show you the "standard" console.... :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Aluminum Dash?'

On the mazda homepage in the UK you can "configure" your own Mazda6.

http://www.mazda6.co.uk/

I tried it just to see how it worked and found these interior options (along with a whole lot of other options):
- Piano Black Inerior Kit, Part number: GJ8GV1191
- Titanium Look Interior Kit, Part number: GJ8AV1191
- Wood Interior Kit, Part number: GJ8EV1191

The Interior trim kit includes front and rear window switch panels and dash trim panels and the price is £185.

This is not avalable in Norway! We only had a few standard packages to chose from and no interior options:(

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

I thought that was the same everywere! I did know that they hade some ugly JDM Wood kit but Piano Black?! Would be interesting to see...

·
Registered
652 Posts

We should just find a metal worker who and put in a group buy for aluminum trim kits.

I know some guy who made steel skid plates for Dodge Durango and Dakota trucks b/c the factory ones were composite and craked way to easily. This guy made some coin, and the buyers were all too happy, since the price was good and fair for both buyer and craftsman....

So, who knows an aluminum worker so we can get a group buy going? :D

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

silver dash is not for the centre console
but silver bar installed on top of the glove box lid

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Aluminum Dash?

WOWSER!!!

That looked REALLY REALLY good!!! With the red lights and all... WAY nicer then the silver!
But it looks very different - the center air vents look different and I'm not sure about the gauge cluster... could be the image but it looks much "sportier".

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Aluminum Dash?

What's wrong with you guys????

That's not an interior from a 6. It seems to be a mix. Instruments from RX-8, center console from the 3?

If you look at the center console, you see that the display isn't in the correct place. The airvents are different, etc.

The entire dash is different also. This is not a 6!!!!!

It could also be a pic from the long awaited 3.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts