Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i think YES!

btw.. if he's just going to "give them to u" why not simply try them on your car and see if you like them..

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
what about the center cap? is it possible to get a non-nissan emblem center cap? that would be a requirement. . .

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Those wheels are really light too.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea... I was hoping they were lighter. I'm sure I can find some mazdaspeed decal or sticker that could go over the nissan centercap thing.

I'll put them on this weekend, and take pics. See what you guys think.

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you do not like them on your TI MS6, I have a velocity red MS6 that can "adopt" them.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
358 Posts
Just curious, do you think the SE-R wheels would look good on my car? Same color. They are 18x8 with 225 tires, same size and offset of the RX-8 wheels. Brother in law said he would give them to me. Brand new, since he has other rims on.

Here is what they look like. http://www.nissan360.com/multimedia/800px/...ima_se-r_01.jpg
[/b]
Those are sweet!!!! I'll take them if you don't like them.... :drool: :p

·
Registered
795 Posts
i saw them on the road once and thought about how they would look on a ms6. i would sport those wheels in a heart beat!!! post some pics when you get the chance...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Those wheels do look great. I remember reading somewhere (R&T) that on the MP6 you cannot mount any wider tires than 215 because it would rub on suspension pieces. That is the widest tire you can mount. Also, what about the TPMS, you will have to put up with the warning light.

Let me know if it does work because I thnik there are many other wheel that would look better than the stock 18's.

They are not awful though.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Those wheels do look great. I remember reading somewhere (R&T) that on the MP6 you cannot mount any wider tires than 215 because it would rub on suspension pieces. That is the widest tire you can mount. Also, what about the TPMS, you will have to put up with the warning light.

Let me know if it does work because I thnik there are many other wheel that would look better than the stock 18's.

They are not awful though.
[/b]
the widest mounted so far is 235 on an 18x8 rx-8 rim. im sure the se-r rims will fit.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
You may want to double check the hub bore of those wheels. I did a little searching and the hub bore may only be 66.1mm. You need 67.1 to fit over the Mazda6 hub. You could get a machine shop to bore them out, but they may not fit as they are now.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
It's funny that you posted this...i had looked around to see if i could find a set of these for some rims to swap off for winter/summer. i have loved these rims since i saw and test drove an se-r last year.

i say definitely go for it, it'd even be worth boring them out slightly to make them fit

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
ya go for it, and make sure you post pics i think it will look sweet.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Just curious, do you think the SE-R wheels would look good on my car? Same color. They are 18x8 with 225 tires, same size and offset of the RX-8 wheels. Brother in law said he would give them to me. Brand new, since he has other rims on.

Here is what they look like. http://www.nissan360.com/multimedia/800px/...ima_se-r_01.jpg
[/b]
Those would look horrible on your car, but you should take them anyway and give them to me. :nana:

I think they would like very nice :)

·
Registered
940 Posts
You may want to double check the hub bore of those wheels. I did a little searching and the hub bore may only be 66.1mm. You need 67.1 to fit over the Mazda6 hub. You could get a machine shop to bore them out, but they may not fit as they are now.
[/b]
1mm - certainly a large sledgehammer would resolve the fitment issues, wouldn't it? ;)

That is a bummer

:(

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
This just in... Toyoguy is not an idiot... They aren't going to fit....
[/b]
easy there killer

I say try em on for size even if there is no tire for them, make sure they fit on our hub.

Not really my style of wheel but I think that color would look good on your Ti.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts