Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since installing my Pioneer AVIC N2, my stock Bose is worse than ever. It doesn't have the same volume it had stock, so I'm looking to change out my speakers and run speaker wire from the headunit to the speakers. I'm trying to avoid adding another amp to cut down on the costs as I already have an amp on my sub. The N2 is 50 x 4. Will these speakers sound okay on the 50 x 4?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-CWIb15OT6La/c...10&I=500SPS171A
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-CWIb15OT6La/c...00&I=500SPS57C2

I know it would be better with an amp, but I am trying to avoid an amp and avoid dynamating my door panels etc from all of the rattling that will be produced. If these would suck, any suggestions that would work off of the 50 x 4 without an amp and sound good?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Any thing would be an improvment over the stock speakers. Seeing as you have a new deck installed (with speaker level outputs?) You shouldnt need a a 4ch amp. Decent speakers will sound fine of the deck. The stock speakers sound so bad because they dont have a tweeter in the rears. Just a 5.25 woffer. The stock fronts have a 6.5 woffer with NO crossover and a tweeter. Personaly i wouldnt use type-s alpine's. They are entry level at best. Type-r's could be had for alttle more $. Thats just me thou. You should go to an alpine dealer and compare different speakers there befor you buy online. My 2cents.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Actually 50x4 is really ~25x4 RMS. As long as the RMS wattage of your HU is in the range of the RMS input wattage for the speakers, they will perform okay. The higher the sensitivity, the louder the speakers will sound at any given wattage. However, lower sensitivity speakers have better sound quality when supplied with higher input wattages (closer to the max RMS input for the speakers). Just something to think about. And like you state, an external amp would allow the speakers to sound their best and can always be added at a later time.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually, now that i've posted this, i'm leaning towards some Infinity References, 6.5" with 1" tweeters in the front, 6x8" coaxials in the rear. I think I'm gonna get those, put them in, and once I'm not happy with that anymore, I'll add an amp.

·
Registered
578 Posts
actually, now that i've posted this, i'm leaning towards some Infinity References, 6.5" with 1" tweeters in the front, 6x8" coaxials in the rear. I think I'm gonna get those, put them in, and once I'm not happy with that anymore, I'll add an amp.
[/b]
Nice choice. I was going to post a link to those before as my recommendation, but I figured you had already looked at them on the Crutchfield site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Slv6sPitt
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing