Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i current have this setup on my car now.....and i'm looking to order a 6 soon.......

is it possible to install the screen and dvd player on the 6????it's a indash one.....

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Reading Topic: alpine screen and dvd player........

shit............................................... i'm patiently waiting for a dash kit. no good news sofar. sorries.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

Looks like you're gonna go the route I went.....I put my aftermarket HU in the drawer and dust it off occasionally.

·
Registered
657 Posts

You COULD probably install it in the center compartment up top. That's where I'll be mounting my EQ. Or, you could wait till the kit comes out.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Replying to Topic 'alpine screen and dvd player........'

Do you have any idea when the that kit is coming out? right now im thinking if I should buy an aftermarket one to put in my 6 when I get it.

·
Registered
657 Posts

*sigh* The kit is in production. There's no expected date of release. When it's out, it'll be up on here for sure, probably within a day or two. There are at least three manufacturers making the kits. The kits WILL come in other colors, including wood (fake) and Carbon fibre (fake, possibly real too). Nobody knows how much they'll cost except the companies themselves.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

what does the dash kit do????

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Originally posted by Entropism

Ummm...  it lets you mount an aftermarket head unit in the 6.[/b]
cool..........how many slot are there????i need 2

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

that suck.........i need one slot for my screen and 1 slot for my dvd player....both are indash

·
Registered
683 Posts

You could always put the DVD player in the storage compartment or like they do in the cars with the nav system, put it in the Glove Box.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Entropism, I know how you feel. I get the stupidest questions at work alllllllll the damn time. My favorite is trying to explain that the amp in the deck 50x4 is not as good as the external amp that says 40x4. People just don't get it.

·
Registered
657 Posts

Alpine6, nah, I enjoy answering questions. It's just that I set up the FAQ on top of the Electronics section to answer the questions like these that we used to get every day. I mean, to be a mod, you need to enjoy answering questions and helping people out. But after a while, it does get a bit redundant.

I just wish someone would ask me something like how to position their kickpanels, or what's the acoustical theory behind different sub box placements within their trunk. Ah well, eventually.... :)

·
Registered
683 Posts

Hey Entropism,
what's the acoustical theory behind different sub box placements within a trunk?

:)

·
Registered
657 Posts

LOL.... What I SHOULD have wrote was "Where should I put my sub box, and which would be louder/clearer/prettier?"

Me going into accoustical theory at random would take pages & pages, and frankly, I'm too tired to do it for free. =-)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Entropism

Alpine6, nah, I enjoy answering questions.  It's just that I set up the FAQ on top of the Electronics section to answer the questions like these that we used to get every day.  I mean, to be a mod, you need to enjoy answering questions and helping people out.  But after a while, it does get a bit redundant.

I just wish someone would ask me something like how to position their kickpanels, or what's the acoustical theory behind different sub box placements within their trunk.  Ah well, eventually....  :)[/b]
So...what IS the acoustical theory behind different sub box placements in the trunk?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: alpine screen and dvd player........

god dammit. I'll answer tomorrow. =) WAY too late here now

1 - 18 of 18 Posts