Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full story:

1st dealership, said i had a broken driverside rear axle. They replaced it. (3days with a ford taurus rental). They lost my key in the process, and on the way home from the dealership the axle broke again. So i decided to go elsewhere.

2nd dealership: Looked at the car and immediately saw something the first dealer missed, the bracket holding the rear differential up was broken, the bolts holding the diff to the bracket were stripped and a couple bolts on the rear end were loose. The concluded the loose bolts on the rear end caused the diff bracket to move around enough to cause it to snap. Once this bracket broke, the diff flexed and stripped out the other bolts. Now the diff was free to rotate and would load the drivers side axle until it snapped. $7,000 and a full month and it is finally fixed. Mazda covered the costs, and I was given a Mazda MPV minivan as a loaner vehicle. The second dealer was great, and told me mazda corporate was involved in my case because the first dealer (after finding out i went elsewhere) contacted mazda and told them i abused the car. The second dealer stood up for me and took pictures and sent them to the corporate office of the loose bolts, my tires (which had no noticable wear), and the condition of the rest of the car (perfect). They said their was no evidence of abuse (and their shouldn't be, i haven't driven it hard at all).

The dealer can make all the difference, the guys at the second one were fantastic, they kept me up to date, and let me know exactly what wsa going on, besides just being good guys. The reason it took so long was the parts were on backorder, the had to replace the axle, rear differential, and the bracket. I still haven't gotten the first dealer to order me a new key to replace the one they lost. I will be calling corporate tomorrow to fill them in on the situation.

·
Registered
744 Posts
sounds like a bad situtation if that second dealer didnt stick up for you. props to customer servie in your case

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Still haevnt taken mine in yet!

I want to wait for a TSB/recall so the parts should be in stock somewhere fast enough to repair my car within a few days.

You got a PM :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
I've been checking the bolts for secureness on mine every 2000 miles, all looks good and if I do detect them loose I'll be able to avoid this mess.

Looks like it's finally all worked out for you.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been checking the bolts for secureness on mine every 2000 miles, all looks good and if I do detect them loose I'll be able to avoid this mess.

Looks like it's finally all worked out for you.
[/b]
Yeah, i will definitely be checking them frequently, it doesn't take much I guess. They said it was backed out about a 1/4" when they noticed it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
you should give out the name of at least the second dealer so that others in the area can see them and not the dimwits at the first dealership! and good to hear you got your car back!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Did the first dealer ever let you know they suspected you of abusing the car?
Be kinda shady if they lost the key, and did not have the balls to accuse you of what they thought was important enough to report to corporate. Had the 2nd dealer not said anything, I wonder when you would have found out about this?

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did the first dealer ever let you know they suspected you of abusing the car?
Be kinda shady if they lost the key, and did not have the balls to accuse you of what they thought was important enough to report to corporate. Had the 2nd dealer not said anything, I wonder when you would have found out about this?
Thanks,
Jason
[/b]
1st dealer was Community Mazda in Orland Park, IL. They never told me they suspected abuse or anything, i woulda never known if the second dealer didn't fill me in.

Just called the first dealer and spoke to the service manage, he denys ever telling corporate about abuse with my car. Unbelievable, not only do they call me in but then don't even own up to it when I have PROOF they did it. Absolutely unbelievable.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More breaking news: 1st dealer just called me back and said the 2nd dealer reported me as abusing the car. The second dealer told me when i was in that it was the first dealer and that they stood up for me. So basically both dealers are pointing the finger at each other right now. Somebody is lying to me. I'll call corporate tomorrow and figure out who it is and then go pay a visit.

·
Registered
168 Posts
More breaking news: 1st dealer just called me back and said the 2nd dealer reported me as abusing the car. The second dealer told me when i was in that it was the first dealer and that they stood up for me. So basically both dealers are pointing the finger at each other right now. Somebody is lying to me. I'll call corporate tomorrow and figure out who it is and then go pay a visit.
[/b]

Interesting!, keep us updated, I would like to see the 1st dealer get screwed over by corporate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts