Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering who out there uses All season tires in the Winter.
This is going to be my first winter coming up with my MS6, and it currently has the Pirelli Zero Nero M+S on them.

If you do use the All season tires, do you wish you would of put winter ties on them, or just happy not to have to go through the bi yearly swapping.

Reason I ask is, its looking like its going to be about $2500 to get new rims and X-ice tires. Thats a lot of coin, I would prefer NOT to do it, but am 'prepared' to get a second job if I i need to.

Thanks in advance.

Oh btw I live in Ottawa, so we can get quite a bit of snow.

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
A suggestion: See if you can locate a set of used 17" Mazda6 wheels. You'll save a ton of $$$ both with the wheels and the smaller tire size (215/50-17), and the wheels fit the MS6 without an issue.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Get some cheap ass rims and some decent snow tires and be safe. If you get as much snow as I suspect you do in Canada, you'll be glad. AWD is great, but only as good as the shoes your 6 is wearing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions, I am going to go with the 17" rims and winter tires.
Better to be safe then really sorry as I am looking at a crushed fender from not having the proper traction.

Much appreciated for the recommendations

·
Registered
35 Posts
QUOTE (GTSpeed62006 @ Sep 16 2008, 03:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1437046
I was wondering who out there uses All season tires in the Winter.
This is going to be my first winter coming up with my MS6, and it currently has the Pirelli Zero Nero M+S on them.

If you do use the All season tires, do you wish you would of put winter ties on them, or just happy not to have to go through the bi yearly swapping.

Reason I ask is, its looking like its going to be about $2500 to get new rims and X-ice tires. Thats a lot of coin, I would prefer NOT to do it, but am 'prepared' to get a second job if I i need to.

Thanks in advance.

Oh btw I live in Ottawa, so we can get quite a bit of snow.[/b]
I just purchased a set of 4 Michelin X-Ice Xi2 snow tires from Tire Rack. Delivered to the door they were $590. Usually, you can pick up a set of good slighly used OEM rims on Ebay for about $500. I would also start looking at Craigslist in your area, you might save a bit by being able to pick up a set locally. A lot of people start looking to buy a set of snow tires around this time of year so it might be a tad harder finding rims on Ebay but Tire Rack also has some good deals on rim/tire combos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
pruzink
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing