Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally own a car again. The exact same options as before. It's a nice feeling.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
What a fascinating post . .thanks for sharing . ..let's all act like we care.[/b]
nice post jackass.

someone didnt get any last night? jesus.

anyway, welcome back! im glad it all worked out. its a nice car.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
i guess a background story would help...

·
Registered
475 Posts
first of all welcome back well you were already here but, to the car world! second of all scott your a jackass, the reason were all here is to share goings on in the mazda world and provide insight to others who need it. and scotty boy let me tell you your in dire need of some physical enlightenment :slap:

·
Registered
77 Posts
What a fascinating post . .thanks for sharing . ..let's all act like we care.
[/b]
Sorry people I have to agree with this guy, I know that I'm new but he doesn't look like much of a seasoned veteran that everyone missed so, I'll play nice anyway....
WHOOOO HOOO HOOOOO WELCOME BACK !!!!!!! I can finally sleep now :sarc:

·
Registered
375 Posts
either way it sucks to wreck a car... especially if its cause you dont know how to drive

·
Registered
649 Posts
Congrats man, that was a long time coming. You should park it in a garage everytime it rains from now on.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I finally own a car again. The exact same options as before. It's a nice feeling.
[/b]
Do you notice any differences in the two cars? I'm assuming the new one has a much later build date. I'm curious to see if the power feels the same and if the clutch on your new speed feels the same as your old one - Oh congrats and welcome back :)

·
Registered
651 Posts
I had a similar instance when someone totaled my new Jeep...bought the same thing, just a different color.

How did things work out with the insurance? I know when I was dealing with mine, they wanted to fix the car because it only had 19,000 in damages (on a 31K vehicle). It wasn't until it got to the body shop that they refused to fix it because they felt it would always have issues.

So, were you were able to get a better deal on the new car? ;)

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Sorry people I have to agree with this guy, I know that I'm new but he doesn't look like much of a seasoned veteran that everyone missed so, I'll play nice anyway....
WHOOOO HOOO HOOOOO WELCOME BACK !!!!!!! I can finally sleep now :sarc:
[/b]
u "gotta" play nice? u have 16 posts. remember you are ur post count.

welcome to the board! please never wake up.

haha

·
Registered
967 Posts
Wow, that's crazy dude. I lived where you lived for over 25 years and we never had flooding like that! Freak occurrence for real. Seems it did take a while for your claim to be settled or were you just looking for another MS6 all this time?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I can't believe no one has asked about the difference in price you paid between the first and second. So cough it up! lol

Welcome back. I work and live in nova so we are practically neighbors!

·
Registered
76 Posts
i almost had the same scare you did, except mine was with ernesto, water was just below the bottom of the door, had to literally park on the sidewalk to prevent it from going higher. wish you the best of luck with your new ride

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome back! Glad to see you liked your car enough to get the EXACT same one!! What ended up being your price and mileage differences?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, so I'm just going to pretty much ignore those first couple of posts...for those who didn't know/remember, Sorry I didn't give the entire back story of what happened to my first Speed6. I had been at work all day, then the dealer that night. I was pretty tired and I just wanted to give a quick post...Anyway, Just got back from a small trip (car has about 350 miles on it now), answering questions:
Do you notice any differences in the two cars? I'm assuming the new one has a much later build date. I'm curious to see if the power feels the same and if the clutch on your new speed feels the same as your old one - Oh congrats and welcome back :)
[/b]
Build date of my first - 01/06. Build date of second - 02/06, so not much difference there.

Power and clutch feel exactly the same. I did notice that at highway speeds the steering feels looser. I'm going to take it in soon to have the auto lock function enabled, so I'll have them look at that at the same time.
How did things work out with the insurance? I know when I was dealing with mine, they wanted to fix the car because it only had 19,000 in damages (on a 31K vehicle). It wasn't until it got to the body shop that they refused to fix it because they felt it would always have issues.

So, were you were able to get a better deal on the new car? ;)[/b]
Wow, that's crazy dude. I lived where you lived for over 25 years and we never had flooding like that! Freak occurrence for real. Seems it did take a while for your claim to be settled or were you just looking for another MS6 all this time?
[/b]
Insurance settled very quickly. Appearantly there's some law in VA that if there is a certain amount of damege from flooding, it is automatically totaled (my guess is some state legislator got screwed when his car was flooded, so he enacted a law). I'd just been waiting to get the price a little lower. I was in no hurry, and the dealer knew it.
I can't believe no one has asked about the difference in price you paid between the first and second. So cough it up! lol
Welcome back. I work and live in nova so we are practically neighbors!
[/b]
I got it for a little more than 6k under msrp. I know other areas can be cheaper, but anywhere drivable didn't have the options/color I wanted. Also, tax on cars are higher in most other states. On top of the price, I got approx. $300 in fees taken off, and had them throw in a few small things. After the difference on the insurance payout, and the monthly payments I had put into the car, I basically got if for about $500 cheaper than back in April. I'm pretty happy with the outcome.
Welcome back! Glad to see you liked your car enough to get the EXACT same one!! What ended up being your price and mileage differences?
[/b]
It had only had 2600 miles on it when totaled.

And as a side note, I'm a little suprised nobody commented on the name of my thread...oh well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts