Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a few cosmetic upgrades to my car lately, and the posts are all over the place. I figure it's easier for everyone to see what I've done (so far) if I put everything in one post.

So far...

Wheels & Suspension
Hypersilver RX-8 wheels
245/40/18 Nexen N3000 tires
Eibach Pro-kit

Lighting
DDM/Apexcone 6000k Headlights
DDM/Apexcone 3000k Fogs

I've included some photos that I took with my iPhone. Once the weather clears up enough & I'm able to give the car a good wash, I'll take some photos with a proper camera.

Enjoy!

[attachment=45092:noname_4.jpg]
[attachment=45093:cutoff.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I'm in love with those RX-8 wheels on the 2nd gen!!!!!!!! :drool:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Took the words right outta my mouth. those wheels actually make the car. Now why didnt Mazda think of that,lol. Without them there isnt much to love about how they've madeover out 6's, IMO

B

·
Registered
118 Posts
Way to go man! Lovin' the new look! I really like those wheels for sure, work perfectly on your car. I'm thinking of this summer getting a set of Zyoxx or something similar like a black rim with a chrome lip. I need a set of those springs too! How is the ride with them, any more bumpiness that you've seen? You think I'd have enough room with the splashguards on so that I wouldn't nail divits and potholes and rip em off? Way to represent for the new 6's!

·
Registered
400 Posts
looks good. ur car actually looks sporty. Good job. keep it up

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot guys!

QUOTE (sxr800 @ Feb 20 2010, 01:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1638364
Way to go man! Lovin' the new look! I really like those wheels for sure, work perfectly on your car. I'm thinking of this summer getting a set of Zyoxx or something similar like a black rim with a chrome lip. I need a set of those springs too! How is the ride with them, any more bumpiness that you've seen? You think I'd have enough room with the splashguards on so that I wouldn't nail divits and potholes and rip em off? Way to represent for the new 6's![/b]
sxr800, the ride with the springs is pretty good! It's a little more harsh than stock (you'll definitely feel a lot more of the bumpies!), but handling has improved so much, that I'll take the harshness with a smile on my face!

As far as the splashguards go, I have them as well... and no problems at all!

I just washed, polished & waxed the car & took it out for a quick photoshoot... I'll add the pics as soon as I finish editing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
this is the nicest 6 I have seen, I just picked up a set of RX 8 wheels because of your thread, I have a White GT-I4(Canada Version)...

Beautiful.

·
Registered
151 Posts
haha i'm hooked on the wheels too! idk why mazda didn't think of it themselves.

Good job on the photo shoot also, just makes me love the black even more.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this is the nicest 6 I have seen, I just picked up a set of RX 8 wheels because of your thread, I have a White GT-I4(Canada Version)...

Beautiful.
Thanks, and great choice! Be sure to take some pics when you get them on!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey I just noticed the parking permit in your windshield.. Do you go to Drury?

By the way the car looks awesome with that drop.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hey I just noticed the parking permit in your windshield.. Do you go to Drury?

By the way the car looks awesome with that drop.
Yep! I'm a graduate student at Drury. I have my undergrad from there and am working on my M.Ed. right now.

EDIT: There is a black 1st gen on campus with a DU cross country sticker on the back. Is that you, 6runner?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Great look! I have to agree with the others on the wheels. I like my wheels, but they're almost too open (I need to paint the calipers). If it weren't for the "wonderful" roads we have here in the Denver metro I would love to try that spring kit!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where did you get those rx-8 wheels from and how much did they cost.. They look very nice on the 6
I found them on Craigslist... some guy's complete misfortune.

He bought them online, I think he said from wheelsandcaps.com, already with the hypersilver finish. While he was waiting to put the wheels on, his car got creamed by a van, totaling his car.

He chose to go with a different vehicle & sold the wheels to me dirt cheap.

·
Registered
57 Posts
EDIT: There is a black 1st gen on campus with a DU cross country sticker on the back. Is that you, 6runner?

Yeah thats me..I'm still waiting for my rims and springs to come in so I can get mine looking good like yours.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah thats me..I'm still waiting for my rims and springs to come in so I can get mine looking good like yours.
Sweet! It's a nice looking car, I usually walk by it on my way to class on Monday & Wednesday nights.

What wheels & springs did you get?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glad to see some other people that are just as determined to get the second gen looking great!

You've done pretty much everything I had planned for my six just wasn't sure how it would look until I saw your car, thanks for uploading the photos! My six is red though so I'm thinking maybe going 8000k on my lights to get a little blue in them. What do you think?

Also, how much lower is your car now and how dark exactly did you get your windows tinted, 15%?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Glad to see some other people that are just as determined to get the second gen looking great!

You've done pretty much everything I had planned for my six just wasn't sure how it would look until I saw your car, thanks for uploading the photos! My six is red though so I'm thinking maybe going 8000k on my lights to get a little blue in them. What do you think?

Also, how much lower is your car now and how dark exactly did you get your windows tinted, 15%?
With the pro-kit, the car sits, around 1.5" lower now that it's settled (I'd have to double check).

As far as the lights go. The 6000k does have a fair amount of blue in them. Personally, I wouldn't go any higher than that. I'm even thinking about going to 5000k. I need to redo a few things with the igniter and ballasts as the way I had them mounting doesn't seem to want to work right. I think that has led to my dustcap on the driver's side to move and allow some moisture into the housing. If I ever had a break in my soccer schedule, I'll address that issue.

I've got my windows tinted at 20%. I've had other cars tinted darker (5% on an eclipse), and it was just too dark for me at night.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts