Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I spent all day sunday doing a full detail of my car and the results are AMAZING!!!!

I did the following:

1.) Complete wash and dry
2.) Meguiars Complete Clay Bar Kit
3.) Wash and dry again
4.) Meguiars Paint Cleaner
5.) Meguiars Paint Polish
6.) And last Meguiars NXT Paste Wax

I love the results from all the work and my car is as smooth as butter and can't help but drool over the results everytime I get in the car......Pics to follow.....

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Good. It's very good.

:D

Did you re-buff it the second day? Makes the shine really 'pop'

And, I sometimes add a second coat of NXT after it's had time to cure awhile. The car actually looks better after an overnight cure and a second coat improves "depth."

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good. It's very good.

:D

Did you re-buff it the second day? Makes the shine really 'pop'

And, I sometimes add a second coat of NXT after it's had time to cure awhile. The car actually looks better after an overnight cure and a second coat improves "depth."
[/b]

I didn't re-buff the second day. I plan on washing it again this weekend and adding a second coat of NXT to it. I wanted to put two coats of it on when I did all of it but was too tired after working on it for so long. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Absolutely love the colour....

doesn't it feel great when you can see yourself reflecting in the door panel?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Absolutely love the colour....

doesn't it feel great when you can see yourself reflecting in the door panel?
[/b]

That is one thing I absolutely love is seeing my reflection in the door panel!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Fantastic job! That's such a nice color. I can't wait to see it in Dallas.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
looks good man, did you do it all by hand or did you use a porter cable

·
Registered
979 Posts
looks good but I have to say much different than my dark cherry Speed why is that?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
looks good man, did you do it all by hand or did you use a porter cable
[/b]

was all done by hand.....wish i had a porter cable now but was worth the aches and pains in the end!

speedgal-i have no idea why my dark cherry is so much different than yours, but i noticed that in your pictures as well....strange how the same color looks totally different though!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
was all done by hand.....wish i had a porter cable now but was worth the aches and pains in the end!

speedgal-i have no idea why my dark cherry is so much different than yours, but i noticed that in your pictures as well....strange how the same color looks totally different though!
[/b]
i did my complete detailing by hand once and then i went online and bought a porter cable that same day, but even though my arm fall off it was worth it, keep up the good work man it looks awesome!

·
Registered
170 Posts
[/b]
"Dark Cherry" and "Black Cherry Mica" are two different colors. They both look great, though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
15 Participants
mmatilo311
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing