241 - 257 of 257 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Low Beam - H1
High Beam - H1
Fog Light - H1 (non-sport)/ H3 (sport)
Front Parking Light - 194
Front Turn Signals - 1157 (NA)/1156 (Global)
Front Side Markers - 168 or 194 (same size, different wattage)
Interior Door Lights - 194
Interior Dome Lights - 194
Glove Box Light - 194
Vanity Mirror - 74 or 2731
Rear Brake Light -
Rear Parking Light -
Rear Turn Signal - 7443
Rear Back up Light - 906 (not confirmed)
Rear License Plate Lights - 194
Trunk light - 74 or 2731

All numbers not present or confirmed will be updated once confirmed. Someone sticky this for future use :)

I saw that but nothing is written about the rear brake light. Thanks!
Oh you are look for the brake light I must have read that wrong thought you said the reverse light. Brake light is 7443 osram sylvania has a great replacement list too. You can look them up at the following link.

https://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applications/automotive-lighting-systems/Pages/lrgmain.aspx#fldYear

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey ive been trying to hunt down to see if anyone responded to you on this question.

I have an 04 Mazda 6 Wagon and have the same damn Festoon for a cargo lightbulb in the back.... Cant find what the LED replacement bulb should be.

Can you lend any insight?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure if I'm asking this question in the proper place on the forum but since were are talking about lights, I have a 2004 Mazda 6, 4 cylinder and I have several of the bulbs blown in my center console like around the heater/AC knobs and also near the gear shift the bulb that lights up the letters PRND1 is blown as well.

Anyone have any idea where I can buy these bulbs and what the part numbers might be?

I'm going to pull out the center console and cover it with carbon fiber Di-Noc soon and I want to change all of the bulbs while I have the center console out.

Thanks Guys !!!!!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I can give you the Mazda part numbers.

Bulb, air conditioning switch (red - 3) GJ6R-61-C95
Bulb, air conditioning switch (amber -2) GJ6G-61-C95

T4 Type B Neowedge Bulb

They are expensive from the dealer or online dealers.

Scott

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
i have maz 6 sport 2005 and want to replace the bulbs at the back of the 3 control knobs in centre console,i have fitted 5 new bulbs but only two that light up around knob seem to be working, also what colour goes in what hole.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
i have maz 6 sport 2005 and want to replace the bulbs at the back of the 3 control knobs in centre console,i have fitted 5 new bulbs but only two that light up around knob seem to be working, also what colour goes in what hole.
Not sure if auto climate is same as manual (probably not?) but my auto climate takes three black base and two white base (B,W,B,W,B). I had a lot of trouble with those bulbs.. apparently very easy to damage the filament. Try turning back and forth a few times to clean up the contacts, and try swapping a good bulb into every socket to make sure they all work.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I can give you the Mazda part numbers.

Bulb, air conditioning switch (red - 3) GJ6R-61-C95
Bulb, air conditioning switch (amber -2) GJ6G-61-C95

T4 Type B Neowedge Bulb

They are expensive from the dealer or online dealers.

Scott
I just replaced the light bulb in the Traction Control Switch. Thought I shared this info in this thread which is very helpful even after so many years. I searched and couldn't find it anywhere.
PN GJ6A-66-461

Since this one is a sticky, it would be nice if the list posted in the first page could be updated with the missing/new info.

@Byakuya, maybe something you can help us Gen 1 owners with.

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
I just replaced the light bulb in the Traction Control Switch. Thought I shared this info in this thread which is very helpful even after so many years. I searched and couldn't find it anywhere.
PN GJ6A-66-461

Since this one is a sticky, it would be nice if the list posted in the first page could be updated with the missing/new info.

@Byakuya, maybe something you can help us Gen 1 owners with.
Done and done :) Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello all, I've been through a couple sets of LED bulbs, and I can't seen to get them to fit the housings of my 6i. I've got the stock headlights, and I've confirmed that h1 bulbs fit, given that I've had to replaced burned bulbs a couple of times. The LEDs just seem to wide to fit through the metal cutout and into the projector. Has anyone found specific brands of h1 LEDs that work?
I had essentially the same question too - has anyone found an H1 LED bulb that can be used in the stock low-beam projector housing and still be able to put the cap back on the back?
I've seen on YouTube (
) where H1 LED's have been installed in the low beams - but not such that the cap to seal out water and dirt could be put back on the housing. Which makes this a non-starter for me - the mess of dirt and salt crusted on the back of the low-beam caps tells me it would take no time driving in winter to fill the housings with a slurry of muck and salt.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I had essentially the same question too - has anyone found an H1 LED bulb that can be used in the stock low-beam projector housing and still be able to put the cap back on the back?
I've seen on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pFnawPJyX8) where H1 LED's have been installed in the low beams - but not such that the cap to seal out water and dirt could be put back on the housing. Which makes this a non-starter for me - the mess of dirt and salt crusted on the back of the low-beam caps tells me it would take no time driving in winter to fill the housings with a slurry of muck and salt.
There are rubber caps that you can add to the rear of housings to gain a little bit of extra room. You could also build your own by using aluminum hvac duct tape to form a new shape. Place the light into the socket, drill out the cap where it won't hit the new bulb, use the tape to lay a foundation down making sure to leave room around the bulb, and then use jb weld as the main structure for the cap. Retrofitters use either method to get things to fit correctly. If one is good with plastic welding, it could be as simple as building a new dome up with plastic. Hell I've seen people use pvc pipe and caps to do retrofits so if you could think of a way to close it, it would more than likely work lol.

241 - 257 of 257 Posts
About this Discussion
256 Replies
152 Participants
DJ Raydiate
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing