Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Apparently this vehicle is to be fitted with a New 3.2 litre Twin Turbo-Charged V6 that is to be supplied by Holden in Australia & built in Adelaide.....(the engine, not the Car..)

It is a luxury SUV type vehicle that is a bit smaller than the BMW X5 apparently...

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Reading Topic: Alfa Romeo Kamal

I really don't like Alfa grilles.

Something about this thing's rear end reminde me of Samus's ship in Super Metroid.

·
Registered
980 Posts

Kinda looks like the Murano from the side. The grille looks very similar to the grille of the Subaru concept. I never knew that Subaru copied Alfa Romero. I am guessing that grille is Alfa's trademark.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Yep, it is. Subaru's looks like an upside down version of Alfa's grille.

·
Registered
464 Posts

What is it with them and that ugly ass grille. THe side profile reminds me of a shark or tiburon for some reason. Also has about 12" of wheel gap too much. Wow this is actually a production model? My god what is the world coming to.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

They have completely uglified the whole car. Man. That's great! Now the 6 is the only good looking, good handling car out there! :)

·
Registered
980 Posts

Just wondering though are Alfa Romeos considered exotic cars? I guess a better question is are they expensive like a Benz or are they expensive like a Ferrari.

·
Registered
319 Posts

Well, there is probably one thing we can infer about this car.....

Car companies don't build SUV/Crossover vehicles and NOT sell them in the United States. What I see more than anything here is that Alfa is wanting to get back into the US, and an SUV is a good way to do it.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Alfa Romeo Kamal'

Originally posted by Steve 6er

No, they're just a tad more expensive than the 6. But exotic...yes![/b]
Oh really! They do look exotic, but is it a common car in Europe? Also, what country is this car from?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Italy is correct. This car has some interesting design elements. It has many similarities to the latest generation of crossover 'utes (Touareg/Cayenne, FX45, Murano, etc.): a lower roofline, more rounded styling versus traditional SUV, and that now ubiquitous pentagonal rear window.

I'd love to see Alfa come to the US with their 147 and 156. If it means we have to see this thing on the road to get there, so be it.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

156 looks great (exept for the grille); 147 looks quite Ok (exept for the grille) and this is hideous (including the grille).

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Alfa is an Italian car. It's built in the same factory that makes Fiat. Just that thing alone!

It's an odd brand. Just about as many of those around as of the 6. So there will in the end be more 6es than Alfas.

I like Alfa in many ways. They are nice looking, well handling... Too bad they have a poor build quality (though they get better and better).

Unless for the 6 I would consider an Alfa.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Alfa Romeo Kamal'

I have a friend named Kamal once, he bowls pretty good too :D , seriously:D .

BTW, the front end of this car looks Cayenneish to me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts