Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you drink alcohol, what do you prefer?

would it be liquor or beer. why? or a mixed drink?

and of the three, what's your favorite brand? why?

i personally drink them both. if i'm buying, i buy budweiser for the beer, grand mariner for the liquor, and jack and coke for the mixed drink. i've always loved budweiser, it's just what i drink. love the taste. grand mariner is something that i can sip on or take it straight without thinking twice...except for the price. jack and coke has been an all-time favorite of mine since i can remember. it all tastes good and i can defenitely drink it without getting drunk. great taste.

can you drink without getting drunk? do you drink just for the taste of whatever you buy?

·
Registered
8 Posts
As for beer, I agree on the Budweiser. My dad drank that my whole life, and I just became used to the taste. However, I recently tried an Irish beer called Wexford, which was mighty tasty.

My favorite liquors would include Bacardi, Jim Beam, Captain, and as much as I hate to say it, Five O'Clock.

And finally for the mixed drinks, a simple rum and coke is usually good for me. Sometimes, I go for a vodka and tonic though.

·
Registered
427 Posts
It all depends how drunk I wanna get. Beer fills me up faster, but gives a nice good buzz without the super bad effects. Hard liquor mixed with different drinks is a different drunk and I do that when I want to be an idiot and get into trouble.

MY drinks when I go out:

Beer - Bud Light

Mixed - Crown w/Red Bull, Whiskey and Sour

Shots: Jameson Whiskey

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
last couple of weekends i went to the bar, i was getting free whatever during happy hour. no matter what i wanted, the girls gave it to me for free. so grand mariner and jack/coke it was. after happy hour, i decided to slow down and just went with budweiser.

now that i live on my own, if you look in my fridge, you will ALWAYS see keystone light. budgetman's beer! :)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Bud bottles

I drink so I can do shit drunk. Shits hilarious

·
Registered
845 Posts
Beer- for taste= Modelo Especial, to get waisted with= Steel Reserve.
Shot- for taste= Crown Royal, waisted= E&J its cheeper.
Mix- for taste= Any puerto rican rum ie: Bacardi & OJ. waisted= Popov & Koolaid

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
now that i live on my own, if you look in my fridge, you will ALWAYS see keystone light. budgetman's beer! :)
[/b]
I keep Natty Light in the house for that. Good water tasting cheap beer.

Lets see though, Paulaner Hefeweizen for good beer, Bud Light at the bar beer. Crown at home liqour or Grey Goose Vodka.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I drink all of the above... beer mixed drinks and liquor.

Beer: Where to begin. I think the favorite would have to be Miller Lite or High Life. I used to drink Bud Light but now that I know that there is better stuff out there... not so much anymore. But I drink a wide variety of beer. Guinness, Bass, Blue Moon (Black and Blue OR Black and Tan), Petes Wicked Ale, Honey Brown, New Castle, LaBatte (SP?), Miller, Coors, Heineken, Rolling Rock, ANYTHING Sam Adams, Fosters is decent, Stones, Natti (Natti Ice to get drunk quickly), Dos Equis, Corona, Killians, Wexford... the list goes on and on. Beer is so good. Most poeple I know despise the taste but I welcome it.

Liquor: Crown, Hennessey (SP?), Captain Morgans, Knob Creek, Goldschlager, Jagermesiter, Sambuca, Petron. The best shot is hands down a straight shot of 151. Be ready for it though.... it hurts.

Mixed: Goose and Red Bull, Goose and tonic, Captain and Coke, Crown and Coke, Dr. Pepper and Absolute Vanilla, Jager and Red Bull, Monster (the energy drink) and Makers Mark, Tangurey (SP?) and 7up or sprite.

I drink a lot... the weekends are expensive. I work hard.... play harder though.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
beer- Carib (i dont know if they make it in the usa, i had it while in the BVI, so yea it was awesome.)

beer in the usa- Corona with a lime, generally light pilsners.

liquor: Jagermeister,

mixes: flaming dr pepper, usually most everything, good margaritas.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
If you drink alcohol, what do you prefer?

would it be liquor or beer. why? or a mixed drink?

and of the three, what's your favorite brand? why?
i personally drink them both. if i'm buying, i buy budweiser for the beer, grand mariner for the liquor, and jack and coke for the mixed drink. i've always loved budweiser, it's just what i drink. love the taste. grand mariner is something that i can sip on or take it straight without thinking twice...except for the price. jack and coke has been an all-time favorite of mine since i can remember. it all tastes good and i can defenitely drink it without getting drunk. great taste.
can you drink without getting drunk? do you drink just for the taste of whatever you buy?
[/b]
I drink all of the above too.

Beer: Blue Girl
Shot: A Piece of Ass (amaretto almond liqueur+Southern Comfort peach liqueur+sweet and sour mix)
Mixed: Soho+7up/Spite, peanut colada

All for taste.

p.s. I'm surprise t_mo_t can't find this thread. :sarc:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
What I drink depends on my mood.

Beer - Guinness Draft; Just about any Sam Adams (Recently tried SA Chocolate Lager and it's dmaned fine); Bass Ale; Harp Lager

Liquor - Grey Goose or Stoly Vodka - ice shots or in a Martini, very dry (Just scare it with the vermouth); Bombay Saphire Gin or Boodles Gin - once more, Martini; Maker's Mark and water; Several different very good SingleMalt Scotch Whiskeys; several different Blue Agave Tequila's.

Mixed drinks - Lately Coke and Bacardi CoCo Rum; Roz's Raspberry Lemonade (2 shots Stoly Raspberry - or plain Stoly, 2 shots Chambord, 3/4 shot lemon juice, shake with ice and pour into very tall glass. Top off glass with Cranberry Juice. Stir. Garnish with a lemon slice.)

·
Registered
291 Posts
For beer I drink a wide variety. My favorites are Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Newcastle. Beyond that it's Guinness, Magic Hats, Long Trail, Harp, Bass, Corona. I really just avoid fruit, chocolate, and overly spiced beers. I'll try anything, oh and I can't forget my homebrew.

Jeager is really the only shot I do.

Liquer is bourbon: Maker's Mark, Woodford Reserve, Knob Creek...

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I can't drink light beers any more....its seriously like water. Its a waste of money for me. One of my favorites will be coming out soon, the Sam Adams Summer Ale....its one of those beers where you anticipate the taste before taking the first sip. You only drink as the first couple cause you don't want to spoil the taste. Sometimes I will have a Bluemoon since its very similar, although not quite the same. Heinekin is beginning to lose its appeal with me because the taste is becoming bland...probably had to many at one time.

I try to stick with the beer when I occasionally get to go out because liquor makes my mouth run and sometimes get me into trouble....like when you think your being funny, but your really just making an ass out of yourself.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Imports: Bass, Pacifico (mmm), or Corona
Domestic: Bud (bottles), MGD/High Life, or Sam Adams Summer Ale - hell yeah mbrogz...

Liquor: Grey Goose or Cuervo

Mixed Drink: Vodka Martini all the way, extra dry and dirty as hell!!

Usually I don't get drunk when I drink - i have a high tolerance so it takes some serious drinking to get me really drunk - but Cuervo will get me smashed ANY time I drink it. And wow does the hangover suck the next day.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cuervo = :thumbdn:

i got burnt out on it REAL quick. i drank the hell out of it on my 19th BDay and haven't looked back since. a couple of weekends ago a girl was trying to get me drunk and we ended up taking 8 shots each. i have no fucking clue why, maybe cause she was trying to do the same thing i was. ;) i hate tequila, it doesn't do jack for me except pucker my asshole.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cuervo = :thumbdn:

i got burnt out on it REAL quick. i drank the hell out of it on my 19th BDay and haven't looked back since. a couple of weekends ago a girl was trying to get me drunk and we ended up taking 8 shots each. i have no fucking clue why, maybe cause she was trying to do the same thing i was. ;) i hate tequila, it doesn't do jack for me except pucker my asshole.
[/b]
Lol - I definitely go in waves with Tequila. I think more often I would choose vodka but tequila does have it's place in the "get trashed beyond all recognition" department. Was your plan successful with the girl? :boobs:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
captain morgan and coke...with a lime

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Beer: Normal: either Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss (with lemon) or Rolling Rock (with lime)
Basic: Budweiser
Upscale: Belgian beers (Blue Moon most common), the one with the pink elephants ROCKS!

Mixed Drinks: Ketel One and Cranberry or Lemonade (Absolut is OK too)
Brandy Old Fashioned Sour
Good Bourbon (pretty open) and water for classy

Shots: Tequila!

Other: Woodchuck Amber Hard Cider (other good apple and pear draft ciders)
Merlot, Red Zinfandel, and Pinot Grigio wines

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
About this Discussion
63 Replies
35 Participants
pololance6i
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing