I used my remote to lock the car(I press 2 times) I open the door, hood and also turn on my car and nothing happened!!!
Anyone know how to turn on the alarm? I have try many ways to make it works but still nothing happened.
someone help please
while sitting in the car, open the trunk. Then proceed to get out of the car
and push the lock button. After locking the car (you wont and shouldn't see the light's flash); go to the back of the car, and open the trunk, which has already been popped open. This should set off your alarm.
I know that some systems have a delay b4 the alarm actually is armed. I'd try it from the outside w/window down. Arm it, wait a minute, then reach in and open the door from the inside. Alarm should go off.
What model 6 do you have? If you've got a 6i w/o the premium package, I'm not sure that the remote locking actually funactions as an alarm.
I had my dealer demo the standard alarm before I drove off. Here's what we did:
1. Inside the car, roll-down the driver's side window (power-windows should be able to do this even when the car is off)
2. Get out of the car and use the remote to lock the car. Press the lock button again within 5 seconds to hear the confirmation beep.
3. The alarm is now armed. Reach in through the driver's side window and pull the handle to open the door from the inside - the alarm should activate.
To turn off the alarm, either:
1. use the remote to unlock the car, then open the door
2. use the key to unlock the car, then open the door
The remote should also have a red (!) panic button. Hit that to make sure your alarm is also working.