Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has seen this before or not. Yesterday morning I walk out to my car and unlock all the doors only to find out the parking lights didn't flash to let me know that the car was unlocked. I figured it was a fluke and went to work. When I got to work, I pressed the lock button anda gain the parking lights didn't flash. Now.. On this alarm system you could press the lock button twice and the horn will honk to let you know the doors are locked. This did not happen either. Sooo.. Needless to say I will be bringing my 6 in for work.. First time since I've owned it!

I guess my question is, has anyone else heard or seen this? Is this something that I am overlooking?

_Abs

UPDATE: Got my car back today after tkaing it to the dealer.. .It seems that the control unit for the alarm is bad and I will have to get another installed. But.. It seems that this control unit is on nationwide backorder.. Maybe this is something that is happening with the 6? Anyone else experience this yet? He guy said it should be atleast 2 weeks before I would hear anything back. But they did manage to get it working, but said it wouldnt stay working for very long.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Reading Topic: Alarm System

Another question...is the factory alarm worth the money or should I just go out to buy an aftermarket system.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The factory alarm seems to work just fine for me so far... It has an immobilizer system (basically starter kill) and the horn honks and lights flash... I am not sure what more an aftermarket one could offer besides pager messages to inform when the alarm is going off, different alarm tones, and possibly being abel to easily add a remote start...

·
Registered
980 Posts

Does the shock sensor actually work the way its supposed to? And yes a remote starter would be great.

·
Registered
158 Posts

Looking at the key FOB, it appears that it is possible that the remote lock/unlock/etc system is provided by Visteon. Given that, it's doubtful that it's limited to just the '6.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

That's pretty interesting, because I have noticed mine is starting to do the same thing. The lights occasionally don't flash when I hit the alarm lock button. I used to think I just hadn't hit the button hard enough..now I am starting to wonder.....Also...do your back lights flash too when you hit the alarm button? I've only seen my front ones flash, don't think the back ones do.

·
Registered
388 Posts

the sensor shock does work. try locking your car, opening the trunk, and then slam it shut. i always set off my alarm that way.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Replying to Topic 'Alarm System'

Originally posted by diesel5599

That's pretty interesting, because I have noticed mine is starting to do the same thing. The lights occasionally don't flash when I hit the alarm lock button. I used to think I just hadn't hit the button hard enough..now I am starting to wonder.....Also...do your back lights flash too when you hit the alarm button? I've only seen my front ones flash, don't think the back ones do.[/b]
Yes.. the parking lights flash on both the front and the back of the car. You might have the same problem I am having!

·
Registered
136 Posts

anybody know who make the alarm system, and if there is no way to add some extra like motion sensor. sory if a make mistake, but i am french from canada.

Mr-Patate
manual blue GS-V6 whit GFX wet receive yet ( Dawm it's a long wait)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

The reason the lights sometimes don't flash is that either of your doors or the trunk isn't closed properly.

It still locks, but doesn't flash to show you that you didn't close everything properly.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

For me that wasn't true. The actual alarm module was bad and had to be replaced. However, that was the first thing I checked for when the lights didn't flash, but everything was closed and locked tight.

·
Registered
32 Posts

I just ahd my alarmed installed over the weekend. I think the alarm chirps are kinda weak. I was thinking about adding air horns also, since I think the horn seems weak too.

T

·
0 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Alarm System'

Actually.. the reason that u your lights do not flash is because that your headlight are on....The "6" has automatic head lites after 90 secs ...then when you activate your alarm....It will beep and nothin else.....until u turn off lites ....

Litte info for u !!!

www.planettiny.com[glow tcolor=Green, fcolor=black, size=4, strength=3][email protected][/glow]:sarc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts