Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I still have to get this installed at the dealer. Trying to determine if it's really worth the price. It makes the factory alarm into an 'active' alarm. Basically any shock such as window breaking and someone hitting your door, etc will signal the alarm.

Anyone know if the thing always goes off and becomes a nuisance? ie. Will it go off if someone just touches the car or window or hits the tires? I don't want that...

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
you can buy one off mazdastuff.com for $45 (http://www.mazdastuff.com/product.cfm?ProductID=25310)

i had one installed in the speed6 before i bought it. i don't know if it's really worth it. if you're looking for peace of mind it's probably worth the investment in a nice aftermarket alarm. of course, that will probably triple your price.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
it's a wonderful false sence of security...i have one. problem withmine is that i ahve it so sensitive that it goes off 1/2 the time when i use my remote starter....need to fix that

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
if you don't live in a good neighborhood or have aftermarket parts, it is a good idea to upgrade.

gater, since yours is so sensitive, can you leave your windows down and it goes off if a hand goes through it? i'm thinking it's only aftermarket alarms, but for $45 it doesn't hurt to check into.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
no, you have to shake the shit out of the car to make it go off...it's not a sensor, it a piece of metal in a box that moves...when it moves it completes a connection and sets the alarm off. the problem with my remote start it the car shimmies and shakes when it starts and must set it off.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
well, with my new mods and the money i'm putting into the car, i can't afford to take a chance. looks like i'll have to buy the big boy alarms. i would prefer to leave my windows down if i'm running inside fo rjust a minute or it's parked in front of my house.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
it's a wonderful false sence of security...i have one. problem withmine is that i ahve it so sensitive that it goes off 1/2 the time when i use my remote starter....need to fix that
[/b]
your remote start has the capability to disarm the factory alarm. it sounds like you RS wasn't installed properly.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
you can buy one off mazdastuff.com for $45 (http://www.mazdastuff.com/product.cfm?ProductID=25310)

i had one installed in the speed6 before i bought it. i don't know if it's really worth it. if you're looking for peace of mind it's probably worth the investment in a nice aftermarket alarm. of course, that will probably triple your price.
[/b]

The price I was quoting was in Canadian Dollars & will be warrantied 3 years instead of one , if installed at dealer at time of delivery (or upon dealer agreement)

I considered a remote starter / alarm , but dealer was having issues with electronic problems , mentioned as such also in other threads ..... ended not even needing it for the 3-4 minutes it takes to warm up..... all you guys complaining fuel economy ......

anyways with the perimeter shock sensor it affects in no way the o.e. electronics to f/up and you get to keep your original remote/keyless entry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
6 Pack
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing