Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Mazda owners. I own a 2010 Mazda 6 and have been having issues with the stock alarm going off up to 12 times a day. After doing a bunch of research online on all the possible issues and also the worst case scenarios of how much it would cost to diagnose and fix I have decided to best option for me is to remove the stock alarm.

I have currently removed the fuse to the horn in the interim to give myself and all the neighbors a break but I really need the horn for driving as now without it I didn't realize how much I actually need it.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps one of your door switches is faulty.
Yea it's one of 3 or 4 likely possibilities and I've also read many stories about people paying hundreds to swap it out only for it to not be it or otherwise. I know I'm quoting worst case scenarios here I'm honestly looking for the cheapest route here and really don't care if I have an alarm or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perhaps if you unplug the hood switch in the engine compartment. The alarm should never arm because it thinks a door is open..
That's a great idea too. Worth a try. I know for a fact it isn't an old battery issue because I just got a new one and door latches do seem like a high contender for the source. Although I know unplugging the alarm is 100 a sure bet but this is a start as nobody seems to know where it is lol

·
Rally Racer
1,907 Posts
That's a great idea too. Worth a try. I know for a fact it isn't an old battery issue because I just got a new one and door latches do seem like a high contender for the source. Although I know unplugging the alarm is 100 a sure bet but this is a start as nobody seems to know where it is lol
I think this is by design...harder to steal and all. Probably incorporated into the PCM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think this is by design...harder to steal and all. Probably incorporated into the PCM.
That or just nobody knows lol because I've found plenty of posts and videos stating where it's for gen 1 Mazda 6 but the not so popular gen 2 is still a mystery

1 - 8 of 8 Posts