Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have a Mazda 6 Ultra 3.7 (2009) since 2010, and in the last 4 months, the alarm keeps going with no reason like 2 times a day in average.

I took the car to the dealer to troubleshoot and they didn't know where it's coming from and they decided to change everything related to the alarm hoping it will solve the problem. But it costs a lot and I refused to do that.

I want to know if there is a fuse that could disable the alarm. And if I do that, what other things that could be affected.

Thank you,,,

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
It's probably 1 of the 2 rear door sensors, either driver or passenger. There's like 4 prior instances. The dealer is dicking with you because they can check what specific sensor is triggering it.

For a no cost fix like you're asking, unplug the two horns underneath by front passenger side. The downside is you won't have a horn to use at all, but this will keep the car from making any sound when the sensor malfunctions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's probably 1 of the 2 rear door sensors, either driver or passenger. There's like 4 prior instances. The dealer is dicking with you because they can check what specific sensor is triggering it.

For a no cost fix like you're asking, unplug the two horns underneath by front passenger side. The downside is you won't have a horn to use at all, but this will keep the car from making any sound when the sensor malfunctions.
Thank you for the reply,

Could you be more specific about this please and how to unplug the horns?

And is there any alternative solution where I unplug the sensors of the rear doors?

Thank you,,,

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If you crawl under the car, you can see the horns. Two brass seashell-like shapes. There is one connector going to each one. Press dow next to release the connector clip. No more horns. Once the alarm is fixed, you can hook them back up. My alarm starting do this at a golf course. You can imagine how annoying my car became on a nice quiet Sunday. I unhooked the horns in the parking lot.

I imagine the faulty rear door sensor could be bypassed, but the disconnecting tje horns is quick. Nothing to remove to access them. If you are accessing the door sensor, you might as well replace it since it's the same amount of labor/time to try to rig up a bypass. I would have the dealership tell you which one is triggering the anti-theft, buy the sensor, and just change it myself. Years ago, iirc it was $118, but you need to know which one. If they didn't already suggest replacing everything (which is a scumbag dealership's lazy way of wasting your hard-earned money) I would suggest just having them do it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you crawl under the car, you can see the horns. Two brass seashell-like shapes. There is one connector going to each one. Press dow next to release the connector clip. No more horns. Once the alarm is fixed, you can hook them back up. My alarm starting do this at a golf course. You can imagine how annoying my car became on a nice quiet Sunday. I unhooked the horns in the parking lot.

I imagine the faulty rear door sensor could be bypassed, but the disconnecting tje horns is quick. Nothing to remove to access them. If you are accessing the door sensor, you might as well replace it since it's the same amount of labor/time to try to rig up a bypass. I would have the dealership tell you which one is triggering the anti-theft, buy the sensor, and just change it myself. Years ago, iirc it was $118, but you need to know which one. If they didn't already suggest replacing everything (which is a scumbag dealership's lazy way of wasting your hard-earned money) I would suggest just having them do it.
Thank you so much Chuckie

I did that and no more horn, hopefully this will keep me patient until I take the car to another dealer to find where the problem is really coming from.

Thank you again and have a good day,,,

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Rather than crawling under the car to disconnect horns... It would be easier just to pull the fuse:

#36 HORN 15 Amp

Under the hood
I've had the cruise control not work in a previous gm car when pulling the horn fuse, so I went directly to the horns. I had already ruined enough golf games at that point.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I've had the cruise control not work in a previous gm car when pulling the horn fuse, so I went directly to the horns. I had already ruined enough golf games at that point.
I'm not sure I would compare a Mazda to a GM car. Two of my brothers had different Pontiacs and they were an electrical nightmare.

I would hope our Mazda cars have come a long way from that type of issue.

Besides, you found a way to quiet things down.:)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Actually its fairly common for the horn and cruise control to be off the same fuse.
T/A never gave me problems except ones I caused fiddling with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Funny because my car does exactly the same! It doesn't do it as much as your car is doing it, but I think my neighbors hate me nonetheless. :p

I haven't gone to the dealer, but I noticed something kinda funny. The alarm goes off mostly if the car is parked under the sun and the weather is screeching hot! When I started parking my car in a garage, the alarm hasn't gone off at all! I'm sure it's funny, but maybe the Japanese and American engineers who designed this car haven't made it to sustain all the heat in Saudi Arabia! :p

Reactions: mpdna55414

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem with the alarm going off sporadically, in different places and weather. I just pulled the fuse for the horn. The dealer can't find shit.
Is there a way to disable the alarm? There is no fuse for the alarm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2010 Mazda 6 Touring Plus is doing the exact same thing. When it's hot & in the sun, the alarm randomly goes off !! The dealer can diagnose the issue and more then likely will be the door actuators from what I have read on this. Just Pull the fuse for the horn and save yourself $700.00 !!! The immobilizer still works and you still have peace of mind. I cannot remember the last time I needed/used my horn.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

I have a Mazda 6 Ultra 3.7 (2009) since 2010, and in the last 4 months, the alarm keeps going with no reason like 2 times a day in average.

I took the car to the dealer to troubleshoot and they didn't know where it's coming from and they decided to change everything related to the alarm hoping it will solve the problem. But it costs a lot and I refused to do that.

I want to know if there is a fuse that could disable the alarm. And if I do that, what other things that could be affected.

Thank you,,,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts