Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mazda 6 alarm goes off and annoys my neighbors specially at the middle of the night when everyone is sleeping.Whether I lock it manually or use the key fob, alram goes off just the same. Can someone here share their experience and how this can be fixed?
I also notice when I'm already on road that the door sign illuminates suddenly and when this happens, the doors cannot be lock anymore.
Now, I drive this vehicle to the office and leave it unlock as it is safe and secured in my office parking, but not when I go outside as I worry that somebody will touch and try to steal an unlocked car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you Talon Tsi90 and MazdaMoisturizatio! I will try unplugging the battery this weekend and see what will happen. There are many inputs also in the thread shared by Talon however its sad that no one have found permanent fix as yet. I will continue follow your thread and hope that someone from our club can share more experience and suggestions as well. Again thank you! I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Like Talon said, review the thread he linked. It covers everything we've tried so far. For me, it was the door latch with a bad switch. I replaced the latch in the front pass door and my random alarms went from 1-2 a day to only 1 time in the last 2 months.

·
Rally Racer
2,270 Posts
My Mazda 6 alarm goes off and annoys my neighbors specially at the middle of the night when everyone is sleeping.Whether I lock it manually or use the key fob, alram goes off just the same. Can someone here share their experience and how this can be fixed?
I also notice when I'm already on road that the door sign illuminates suddenly and when this happens, the doors cannot be lock anymore.
Now, I drive this vehicle to the office and leave it unlock as it is safe and secured in my office parking, but not when I go outside as I worry that somebody will touch and try to steal an unlocked car.
One of your door switches is faulty. You can disconnect the hood switch if you want to disable the alarm but still lock the door.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank You DrFeelGood! You are probably right because when the alarm goes off, the "door open" sign on the panel was lighted, though I don't know which door is it because there is only one indicator for all doors. I will take up you suggestion and disconnect the hood switch to disconnect the alarm. However, I can't the hood switch. Would you be kind enough to show me where is it in my Mazda 6. 2010? I appreciate your further help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Michael! may I know how did you determine which door was faulty? I appreciate your response. :)
Like Talon said, review the thread he linked. It covers everything we've tried so far. For me, it was the door latch with a bad switch. I replaced the latch in the front pass door and my random alarms went from 1-2 a day to only 1 time in the last 2 months.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Thank you Michael! may I know how did you determine which door was faulty? I appreciate your response. :)
I used a OBDLink LX to monitor the state of the door latches. I would have the app logging the state of all four doors on my phone while driving and keep an eye on the door-open indicator on the dash. If I saw it flash, I would look at the data my phone took. It took a few tries because it would inevitably blink the dash light (and dome lights) when I had forgotten to start logging data. I finally caught the front passenger door in the act and replaced it. It's only gone off once since then so I probably have another latch going bad.

·
Rally Racer
2,270 Posts
Thank You DrFeelGood! You are probably right because when the alarm goes off, the "door open" sign on the panel was lighted, though I don't know which door is it because there is only one indicator for all doors. I will take up you suggestion and disconnect the hood switch to disconnect the alarm. However, I can't the hood switch. Would you be kind enough to show me where is it in my Mazda 6. 2010? I appreciate your further help.
Follow the wire (circled) back from the hood latch. Disconnect the closest connector (circled).

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Follow the wire (circled) back from the hood latch. Disconnect the closest connector (circled).
Thanks a million Dr.FeelGood! I disconnected the connector as instructed and voila! My alarm does not bother me anymore since the last 4days. I can live with no alarm for the meantime until I take the car to Dealer again to replace the door latches if needed(not sure which one is malfunctioning though) But honestly speaking, even the dealer here in Manila doesn't know this trick not even their best car electrician. Thumbs up!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts