Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was referred to these guys by COBB for an eTune - anybody have any experience with tuning from these guys/or anything?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
several guys on MSF.org got protuned by em and were pretty pleased

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
ask superskater, he too got tuned there I think...

·
Registered
819 Posts
John is one of the best w/ the AP. He used to work for cobb and developed the maps for the GTR. If you go there, you will almost always see a GT-R there.

You have the right guy tuning the car.

·
Registered
884 Posts
i've never heard anything bad about them, a lot of good feedback on msf.org

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
john is a great tuner and actually did some of the original R&D for the mazdaspeed so he knows this ecu inside and out. i had my protune done by him and he is top notch and willing to work with you every step.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
wait, he does e-tunes as well? Has Christian at Cobb stopped doing them?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I don't mean to thread jack, but does anyone know a great pro tuner in the VA area?
Danny, I suggest you start a new thread asking where is there a great pro tuner in the VA area. You're more likely to have luck doing that :D.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm thinking about making a trip down to Akuma to have John do a tune for me when I finish my bolt-ons. I've only read good things about him, and he seems like THE guy to do it. I'm hoping to be able to do this next summer after our wedding and honeymoon are done and paid for and I have some money free again. The more I think about it, the more I'm jonesing for a protuned car that I know will be faster AND safer.

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
I'm thinking about making a trip down to Akuma to have John do a tune for me when I finish my bolt-ons. I've only read good things about him, and he seems like THE guy to do it. I'm hoping to be able to do this next summer after our wedding and honeymoon are done and paid for and I have some money free again. The more I think about it, the more I'm jonesing for a protuned car that I know will be faster AND safer.
Hey oj, I'm planning to do the same when I'm done with my bolt-ons. I see that you're in Toronto. I talked to someone at Advance Powerhouse months ago... Do you know them? Their tuner told me they pro-tune speed3s and have recently acquired a 4WD dyno. But I don't know... I think I would still drive down to Akuma based on the reviews I've read so far.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Interesting, I see he does Peter's (Nextmod's) cars. I've never heard of them, but that might be a good option, thanks for the link.

I think I would prefer to have it done at Akuma, and it would give us a reason for a trip. We love NYC and could spend a few days there while John takes whatever time he needs to do a full solid tune. Plus from everything I have heard so far, from some knowledgeable forum members too, John is the man. If I don't get around to doing that, I'd give Advance a call as a backup option.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts