Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The headlights cost $468 and the US adapter is $44. As you can see in the picture, is made to fit the touring plug. So, you not longer have to take it to someone to have it wired like some guys here did. This is the best option we touring guys have now. $500 for headlights that look just as good if not even better than the GT ones.

You can use your own HID kit, but you need d2h bulbs, which connect to your Morimoto, xenon depot, ddm ballasts with no problems.

We finally have options. I for one, will buy this set in the future.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/AKD-Car-Styling-Head-Lamp-for-MAZDA-6-ATENZA-Headlights-LED-Headlight-DRL-Bi-Xenon-Lens/2667134_32758292195.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.5bdadf47ol3H5a

·
Registered
782 Posts
That would be fantastic news, Seiya. But how do you know these have the US Touring plug? There's nothing in the sellers description that says that. Also, there's no mention of the $44 adapter being for the US Touring models.

·
Banned
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That would be fantastic news, Seiya. But how do you know these have the US Touring plug? There's nothing in the sellers description that says that. Also, there's no mention of the $44 adapter being for the US Touring models.
hover over the small adapter picture next to "without hid kit", and it say "adapter for US". Also, look at the adapter, it has 6 holes on one end (for the touring plug) and 12 holes on the other end (for the GT plug headlights). It does fit the touring. They came out with this adapter due to high demand of people messaging them and requesting it, me being one of them lol. One Chinese guy who lives in NYC and has a mazda 6 is the one awared and worked with AKD on these facts and the high demand on the US for headlights that fit our lower trim models with different plugs. Of course, he speaks Chinese, which helped.

They didn't offer this adapter before. If they can manufacture these headlights, manufacturing an adapter to fit our touring cars, is a piece of cake for them.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Thanks! You're absolutely right. When you hover over that image, it does say "Adapter for US", which is a solid clue that this solves the wiring issues for our Touring/Sport models. I've gotten used to the Touring headlights over time, and actually like them a lot now. But it's nice to know there's (hopefully) a plug-and-play upgrade to the GT headlights. I'd consider getting these down the road as well.

Hmmm...just had a crazy thought. I wonder if those adapters would work on factory GT headlights?

·
Banned
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks! You're absolutely right. When you hover over that image, it does say "Adapter for US", which is a solid clue that this solves the wiring issues for our Touring/Sport models. I've gotten used to the Touring headlights over time, and actually like them a lot now. But it's nice to know there's (hopefully) a plug-and-play upgrade to the GT headlights. I'd consider getting these down the road as well.

Hmmm...just had a crazy thought. I wonder if those adapters would work on factory GT headlights?
It probably wouldn't fit, but even if it does. Where to get new or fairly used GT headlights? All the gt headlights on ebay are in bad condition and the only one that is good is like $400 for one, not two. They never sell them in pairs. Anyway, you can only buy the adapter from AKD store, there are other sellers who sell the same AKD headlights but they don't offer the adapter.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi guys,
I'm that guy who designed the adapter. I'm glad to help you out.
Yes, the adapter will save your money and time for rewiring. BUT you still need to run other wires. Because there is a control box for DRL. I have a full English version instruction for my customers.
Yes, I worked with AKD to make the adapter. Because they are one of the biggest sellers. The quality of adapter is assured. But their headlight price is too high. I have found out another provider who can provide me a better price. Don't worry, all headlights are made by one and only factory, no matter who is the seller. Here is their website: http://cn.longdingautolamp.com/
The best thing is I'm getting them to my place. So all USA customer will get headlights in 1 week rather than 3-4 weeks soon. My headlights on EBAY is $560 with adapters, shipping and HID kits currently. Also you will get US based customer support for any installation questions. Free feel contract me if you want to know more.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
It probably wouldn't fit, but even if it does. Where to get new or fairly used GT headlights? All the gt headlights on ebay are in bad condition and the only one that is good is like $400 for one, not two. They never sell them in pairs. Anyway, you can only buy the adapter from AKD store, there are other sellers who sell the same AKD headlights but they don't offer the adapter.
These headlights will not fit GT. GT factory headlights have different size.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hi guys,
Yes, the adapter will save your money and time for rewiring. BUT you still need to run other wires. Because there is a control box for DRL. I have a full English version instruction for my customers.
Yes, I worked with AKD to make the adapter. Because they are one of the biggest sellers. The quality of adapter is assured. But their headlight price is too high. I have found out another provider who can provide me a better price. Don't worry, all headlights are made by one and only factory, no matter who is the seller. Here is their website: ??????????
The best thing is I'm getting them to my place. So all USA customer will get headlights in 1 week rather than 3-4 weeks soon. My headlights on EBAY is $560 with adapters, shipping and HID kits currently. Also you will get US based customer support for any installation questions. Free feel contract me if you want to know more.

Etbis, thank you for working with the supplier to develop the US adapter. You don't mention this explicitly in your message, but could you confirm that the harness you designed is intended for the US Sport and Touring models? It's a huge benefit for anyone here wanting to do a GT headlight conversion without custom wiring. Are you able to share the English wiring instructions with us for, so we can understand how much work is involved to make all of this work? As long as this conversion is plug and play (i.e., doesn't require me to splice into the factory wiring harness, it would be an attractive option to consider. Thanks!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Just look at the photo, It will plug right into Sport and touring models. plug and play minus the wiring for the DRL. They should have just wired the DRL to harness adapter and bypass the module box for LED module.

·
Banned
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi guys,
Yes, I worked with AKD to make the adapter. Because they are one of the biggest sellers. The quality of adapter is assured. But their headlight price is too high. I have found out another provider who can provide me a better price. Don't worry, all headlights are made by one and only factory, no matter who is the seller. Here is their website: ??????????
Hello

Yes, I know it was you. The headlights right now on the AKD site are $460-470 with shipping + harness it comes out to $510 total. The GT like headlights after total, it comes out to $600 on the akd alibaba site.

You mention you are in NYC, but your shipping costs are too high, you had a $160 shipping fee before. You can get AKD headlights shipped for free without the harness and hid for as low as $450 on alibaba.

I know you are offering an Hid kit with it, but what if we wanted only the headlights and harness, what would be the cost for that?

Of course, I would rather buy from you since you can guide us with the installation unfortunately I cannot afford it right now. My question is, are you the one who manufactures the harness or the AKD company? If at some point I wanted to buy a harness from you, would that be possible? How long do you plan to stay in this headlight business?

These headlights are not cheap and it may take a while for many of us to afford them or take the plunge. If you could post the installation instructions or more information about the headlights, so we know what we are getting into.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello

Yes, I know it was you. The headlights right now on the AKD site are $460-470 with shipping + harness it comes out to $510 total. The GT like headlights after total, it comes out to $600 on the akd alibaba site.

You mention you are in NYC, but your shipping costs are too high, you had a $160 shipping fee before. You can get AKD headlights shipped for free without the harness and hid for as low as $450 on alibaba.

I know you are offering an Hid kit with it, but what if we wanted only the headlights and harness, what would be the cost for that?

Of course, I would rather buy from you since you can guide us with the installation unfortunately I cannot afford it right now. My question is, are you the one who manufactures the harness or the AKD company? If at some point I wanted to buy a harness from you, would that be possible? How long do you plan to stay in this headlight business?

These headlights are not cheap and it may take a while for many of us to afford them or take the plunge. If you could post the installation instructions or more information about the headlights, so we know what we are getting into.

I provided the blue map to AKD. They made them for me. But I have some in my place, you will get them in 1 week. The reason my shipping is so high because I got headlights from China too. I paid same shipping as AKD. Sorry about that. But my price is still lower than AKD because I have a better provider and I'm working with him see if we can get adapters with lower price and getting more products. I may stay in Mazda products for long time (Mazda 3 headlights are coming by the end of this week). Currently, my price of headlights with everything and shipping is $560 with fast shipping(1-2 weeks). AKD is selling them on $533 without HID and adapters and slow shipping(about 1 month). I'm still much lower than AKD. I can provide Mazda6club members extra $50 discount if you don't want HID kits and can pay PAYPAL directly without EBAY. Ebay fee is too high, sorry. I know you may take risk. But I will send you adapters from my place. So you got my home address. you can easily call police and get money back if you feel something wrong. LOL. BTW, one pair adapters cost $45 with free shipping.
I will provide a detailed installation instruction in next two weeks. Because a NYC customer asked me to install headlights and fog DRL lights for him. I will take more pictures and show you how to install them by yourself. It will cost you about 2-3 hours. But you will save $200 from a shop. Don't forget to buy me a drink.
BTW, all items I sell had been installed and tested on my own car. I'm not and never selling you garbage.:smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Etbis, thank you for working with the supplier to develop the US adapter. You don't mention this explicitly in your message, but could you confirm that the harness you designed is intended for the US Sport and Touring models? It's a huge benefit for anyone here wanting to do a GT headlight conversion without custom wiring. Are you able to share the English wiring instructions with us for, so we can understand how much work is involved to make all of this work? As long as this conversion is plug and play (i.e., doesn't require me to splice into the factory wiring harness, it would be an attractive option to consider. Thanks!
Thanks for asking! The answer is yes. Adapter is designed for all sport and touring models. Keep your factory harness and wires. Just plug and play nothing else. You can even put your old headlights back when you need warranty. Dealer will not know you were using other headlights. LOL But you need to run another wire for DRL. I will show you how in next 2 weeks when I'm installing them for a NYC customer. Actually, all work may be much easier than you thought.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Thanks for asking! The answer is yes. Adapter is designed for all sport and touring models. Keep your factory harness and wires. Just plug and play nothing else. You can even put your old headlights back when you need warranty. Dealer will not know you were using other headlights. LOL But you need to run another wire for DRL. I will show you how in next 2 weeks when I'm installing them for a NYC customer. Actually, all work may be much easier than you thought.
Thanks Etbis! Don't take Seiya (Mazda6Suspension) too seriously. He's a chronic complainer...when there are no plug and play options on the market, he complains about that. When there are plug-and play options, he complains he can't afford them. When you say he can buy them cheaper from you, he complains about your price. When price is addressed, he'll find something else to complain about... Don't let him get to you. It's just in his nature to never be satisfied.

I noticed something interesting in your photos... The headlights you're selling look like the 2016+ GT LED headlights with the 2014+ Sport/Touring headlight shape. Most of the other AKD headlights I've seen give you the 2014 GT Xenon headlight look, which was originally designed to fit in the same headlight shape as the 2014+ Sport/Touring headlights. Here's a comparison of the two:

2014 GT Look - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/AKD-Car-Styling-Head-Lamp-for-MAZDA-6-ATENZA-Headlights-LED-Headlight-DRL-Bi-Xenon-Lens/2667134_32758292195.html

2016 GT Look - http://forum.mazda6club.com/attachments/mazda6-atenza/209449d1503663053-akd-now-selling-xenon-headlights-us-adapter-akd.jpg

Do you sell headlights that provide the 2014 GT look? I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in the newer LED headlight look, but to me it seems odd - Mazda never made the LED headlights in the Sport/Touring shape, so it doesn't give us an OEM look...It's an odd hybrid between 2014 and 2016. Personally, I would much prefer the 2014 GT headlight look because it more faithfully replicates the factory design. Would you ever consider offering the 2014 GT style headlights?

Thank you for pulling together the documentation and photos to help us understand what's involved in the installation of your headlights and adapter. Looking forward to seeing the information!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks Etbis! Don't take Seiya (Mazda6Suspension) too seriously. He's a chronic complainer...when there are no plug and play options on the market, he complains about that. When there are plug-and play options, he complains he can't afford them. When you say he can buy them cheaper from you, he complains about your price. When price is addressed, he'll find something else to complain about... Don't let him get to you. It's just in his nature to never be satisfied.

I noticed something interesting in your photos... The headlights you're selling look like the 2016+ GT LED headlights with the 2014+ Sport/Touring headlight shape. Most of the other AKD headlights I've seen give you the 2014 GT Xenon headlight look, which was originally designed to fit in the same headlight shape as the 2014+ Sport/Touring headlights. Here's a comparison of the two:

2014 GT Look - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/AKD-Car-Styling-Head-Lamp-for-MAZDA-6-ATENZA-Headlights-LED-Headlight-DRL-Bi-Xenon-Lens/2667134_32758292195.html

2016 GT Look - http://forum.mazda6club.com/attachments/mazda6-atenza/209449d1503663053-akd-now-selling-xenon-headlights-us-adapter-akd.jpg

Do you sell headlights that provide the 2014 GT look? I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in the newer LED headlight look, but to me it seems odd - Mazda never made the LED headlights in the Sport/Touring shape, so it doesn't give us an OEM look...It's an odd hybrid between 2014 and 2016. Personally, I would much prefer the 2014 GT headlight look because it more faithfully replicates the factory design. Would you ever consider offering the 2014 GT style headlights?

Thank you for pulling together the documentation and photos to help us understand what's involved in the installation of your headlights and adapter. Looking forward to seeing the information!

Thanks for asking!
Something you don't know. But you should know before you pull the tiger. There are three generation headlights for Mazda 6 in the market now.
At the beginning, the manufacturer(longding auto lamp llc) made the copy of another manufacturer in Taiwan. You still can see some cheap headlights on Ebay.(2014-2017 Mazda 6/2013-2016 Atenza LED Bar Projector Halogen Headlights Pair | eBay)
They look similar, because they are basically same, just a little improvement. Longding realized it's not good enough (projector and quality) and designed 2rd generation, mustang and 2014 GT style sharp. They are much better than 1st generation.
When Mazda 6 modified models showed up since 2016, Longding improved the design and quality again. That's 3rd generation headlights. The biggest improvement is high quality DRL LED bulbs, enhanced waterproof and high quality lamp glass (they claim the glass will keep clear for FIVE years, but we don't know yet). That's why I chose 3rd generation headlights.
Some info and pictures you will never see from Ali-express and sellers which made you confused. I'm here to help you understanding what are you buying.
If you'd like to get 2rd generation one, it's OK, they are still good. The price will be a little bit lower. I can get them for you too.

Attachments

·
Banned
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
TitaniumVT calls me out for not buying them right away, but he doesn't either. I can pay for them with my credit card, but is not a priority at the moment. I'm very close to paying off my vehicle. I may buy them by the end of the year, which is why I asked him how long does he plan to stay in this business. Not to mention, I would like to know more about these headlights.

You said you are going to install them on a customer, if you could take some pictures or ideally, make a video when you remove the bumper, that would be very helpful. Plugging and unplugging the headlights is easy, taking off the bumper is the problem. Unfortunately, we have to remove the whole bumper to have clear access to the headlights. Now, there are instructions from the Mazda workshop manual and some pictures posted on this forum, but my biggest concern is breaking one of those things that hold the bumper.

Many of us live in apartment complex and removing your whole bumper in the parking lot, doesn't seem like an appealing idea. Can it be done? Sure, but is not something I look forward to in the hot Miami sun, when it rains at any time, but is better than paying the dealer.

Many of us already have HID kits, so we would only need the headlights and the harness. I'd rather buy my own bulbs too. If you can offer us that discount as long as we buy directly from you and not through ebay, I would do it.

I know this. These headlights use Mini D2S 3.0 projectors, which is ok, not much width but high foreground.

Etbis says that you need D2H bulbs, but D2S bulbs also fit (D2S and D2H are the same bulb, just different connectors), but you would need an AMP to D2S adapter.

http://www.lightwerkz.net/index.php/premium-amp-d2s-ballast-adapter-90-degree.html

With D2S, you can get some quality Phillips and Osram bulbs, that will outperform the GT bulbs.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm not calling you out for not being able to buy them yet, Seiya. Sorry if it came across that way.

It's more that you've been despondent for months about the lack of plug-and-play GT lights, and now that there's a simple plug-and-play solution, instead of showing gratitude to Etbis for taking the initiative to develop the adapter for us, you're giving him grief for having prices that (you say) are too high, even though they're not. If Etbis wants to make a business from re-selling the lights with the adapter that he had built to make the lives of US buyers easier, be supportive. To be honest, you should be willing to pay a premium for the convenience and simplicity of a plug-and-play solution we wouldn't otherwise have. He's saving you at least $300 compared to hiring someone to custom wire (butcher) your harness. If you don't want to thank Etbis financially, fine...get the lights a few bucks cheaper from Ali Express. Either way, it's really poor form to disrespect the man who's fixed what's seemingly the most terrible injustice in your life.

·
Registered
58 Posts
ha,Seiya is fine. He just worried about too much. We are all ZOOM ZOOM fans. Installation date will be Sep 2 afternoon since I'm waiting for fog DRLs. The customer would like to clone my car.LOL. I will post many pictures to help you figure out how to install headlights on Sep 5.
BTW, you don't need to remove the whole bumper. I have an easy way. Coming soon!!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
TitaniumVT calls me out for not buying them right away, but he doesn't either. I can pay for them with my credit card, but is not a priority at the moment. I'm very close to paying off my vehicle. I may buy them by the end of the year, which is why I asked him how long does he plan to stay in this business. Not to mention, I would like to know more about these headlights.

You said you are going to install them on a customer, if you could take some pictures or ideally, make a video when you remove the bumper, that would be very helpful. Plugging and unplugging the headlights is easy, taking off the bumper is the problem. Unfortunately, we have to remove the whole bumper to have clear access to the headlights. Now, there are instructions from the Mazda workshop manual and some pictures posted on this forum, but my biggest concern is breaking one of those things that hold the bumper.

Many of us live in apartment complex and removing your whole bumper in the parking lot, doesn't seem like an appealing idea. Can it be done? Sure, but is not something I look forward to in the hot Miami sun, when it rains at any time, but is better than paying the dealer.

Many of us already have HID kits, so we would only need the headlights and the harness. I'd rather buy my own bulbs too. If you can offer us that discount as long as we buy directly from you and not through ebay, I would do it.

I know this. These headlights use Mini D2S 3.0 projectors, which is ok, not much width but high foreground.

Etbis says that you need D2H bulbs, but D2S bulbs also fit (D2S and D2H are the same bulb, just different connectors), but you would need an AMP to D2S adapter.

http://www.lightwerkz.net/index.php/premium-amp-d2s-ballast-adapter-90-degree.html

With D2S, you can get some quality Phillips and Osram bulbs, that will outperform the GT bulbs.

Takes about 10 minutes to remove the bumper. That's even with my front fangs and splitter. It's super easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
941 Posts
I'm not calling you out for not being able to buy them yet, Seiya. Sorry if it came across that way.

It's more that you've been despondent for months about the lack of plug-and-play GT lights, and now that there's a simple plug-and-play solution, instead of showing gratitude to Etbis for taking the initiative to develop the adapter for us, you're giving him grief for having prices that (you say) are too high, even though they're not. If Etbis wants to make a business from re-selling the lights with the adapter that he had built to make the lives of US buyers easier, be supportive. To be honest, you should be willing to pay a premium for the convenience and simplicity of a plug-and-play solution we wouldn't otherwise have. He's saving you at least $300 compared to hiring someone to custom wire (butcher) your harness. If you don't want to thank Etbis financially, fine...get the lights a few bucks cheaper from Ali Express. Either way, it's really poor form to disrespect the man who's fixed what's seemingly the most terrible injustice in your life.
You could buy and install a set of headlights with this kit for seiya and they would STILL piss and moan about something. Please remember that seiya is just a troll, very likely doesn't even own a Mazda. They just enjoy coming here to troll, nothing more.

·
Banned
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Takes about 10 minutes to remove the bumper. That's even with my front fangs and splitter. It's super easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is what concerns me

• The front bumper and front bumper slider are engaged firmly. If they are disengaged forcibly the bumper could fall and be damaged. Perform the servicing carefully when disengaging the front bumper from the front bumper slider.
  • When disengaging the front bumper from the front bumper slider, the front bumper could fall and be damaged. Support the front bumper so that it does not fall.
What tools would I need?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts